ABOUT THE POSITION
As SaaS architect you are a technical leader. You collaborate very broadly to enable our teams to efficiently deliver the maximum business value. You are part of a team of architects who define SimCorp’s next generation of SaaS solutions with an emphasis on the end-to-end delivery. You work both with technology, engineering practices, pipelines, security and compliance as well as business outcomes. We are currently bringing a couple of SaaS solution live and have many more in the pipeline.
You carry a significant responsibility in documenting and communicating SaaS architectural direction, practices, decisions and will support the technical leadership in both delivery and production development organizations. You can also expect to be included in responding to RFPs as well as customer meetings where your expert knowledge and insight into the services we provide are needed.
The successful candidate will work within XaaS Delivery (XD) Design and their primary responsibilities will be to:
- Gather requirements from developers, SRE engineers, operators, and other stakeholders and SMEs
- Provide technical leadership of the architecture of our SaaS delivery platforms (DevOps)
- Design DevOps processes and implementation approaches
- Define and document best practice for SimCorp SaaS
- Improve DX (developer experience) and OX (operator experience)
- Help ensure alignment between different SaaS service lines
- Help ensure reusability of common technical components and templates between different SaaS service lines (e.g. there is only one way we backup and restore Cosmos DB)
- Participate in discovering and address potential cost savings in our cloud resource usage
- Provide architectural oversight of the development of end-2-end SaaS delivery pipelines
- Improve and refine our implementation of end-2-end SOC2 compliance
- Help improve our security posture
- Collaborate and communicate broadly with many different stakeholders related to product development and delivery (SaaS)
- Evaluate new technologies and tools
- When needed, help answering questions from customers and prospects
- High level prioritization of epics and features
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Able to work independently and as a member of a geographically dispersed team – great communication skills
- Embraces change and is motivated by learning new technologies and working practices
- Driven by and passionate about automation
- Takes responsibility and has a strong ability to work independently and happy to drive initiative with a can-do attitude
- Good experience with software development, CI/CD and test automation
- Good experience with cloud native solutions
- Good experience and confidence with DevOps best practices
- Some experience with code hosting, collaboration and experience of services such as GIT, Azure DevOps
- Some experience with Microsoft Azure PaaS service (e.g. AKS) and Azure DevOps
- Some experience in solution design complying with SOC2 or similar standards (e.g. ISO 27018)
- Preferable, some experience of working in an Agile/SCRUM environment
- Preferable, ITIL (preferably v4) IT Service Management framework certified
SimCorp is a leading provider of investment management solutions to the world’s largest asset managers, fund managers, asset servicers, pension and insurance funds, wealth managers, banks and sovereign wealth funds.
Here you will get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues. We are more than 2000 employees from 50+ nationalities dedicated to supporting our 200+ clients across the globe.
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view and together we’re building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities.
Visit our career pages to learn why other people choose to work at SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career
Are you interested
Send your CV and motivational letter in English no later than 20 February 2022
Please note : Only applications sent through our system will be processed.
For further information about the position, please contact Sharmini Deb, Senior Global Talent Acquisition Partner