If your drive and ambitions lie in selling concepts and ideas, and in researching new opportunities in the exciting world of asset management, then you might be our next new colleague
Location: Abu Dhabi or Riyadh
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) reports to the Managing Director for Middle East & Africa and works very closely with the sales, pre-sales and marketing teams. You’d be a central team player focusing on the Middle East & Africant market. This role offers excellent opportunities for career development with a focus on honing skills to transition into a Sales Manager role.
The primary responsibilities of the SDR are to target, build intelligence and engage with key personas in the region with a remit to identify new business opportunities for the sales team. This person will be responsible for interacting and qualifying new prospects, primarily by phone, social media and email but could extend to face to face meetings. The candidate will also monitor government and public sector industries for tenders that are issued.
We are looking for a team player with high-energy who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment. Success of the role will be measured by prospect pipeline development in support of new business.
To discover and qualify opportunities for the sales team to pursue in target accounts, the SDR:
- Effectively initiates communication via the phone, email, social media and interact with relevant stakeholders to deliver SimCorp messages that resonate with the recipient.
- Fine tunes and develops existing scripts and messages.
- Screens, qualifies and nurtures inbound marketing leads using SimCorp’s sales best practices.
- Follows up on in-bound marketing leads and inquiries resulting from marketing campaigns to discover if there is a sales opportunity by using the BANT criteria (Budget, Authority, Need and Time line).
- Assists with Account Based Marketing for top target accounts to build intelligence, share targeted content with prospect, develop a relationship and uncover opportunities.
- Manages target recruitment for SimCorp marketing events and other campaigns to nurture prospect and client interest.
- Enriches, updates and cleans the CRM system SalesForce. Research new contacts and keep accounts and contact information up to date.
- Logs all interaction in SalesForce and use SalesForce reports to support the work.
- Leverages available inside sales support tools and subscriptions.
- Provides product and solution information to prospective and current customers, keep up-to-date on knowledge of the industry, as well as competitive posture of company.
You contribute to the team work by:
- Working closely with the Sales and Marketing team to ensure that a consistent message is communicated to our prospects, customers and/or business partners.
- Providing feedback on marketing campaigns based on information gathered, to help shape campaign.
- Supporting sales with appointment setting.
- Entering leads, contacts, intelligence, interaction and maintaining account information in SalesForce in a timely fashion.
And to perform at a high level, the ideal candidate is also expected to:
- Learn and effectively utilizes SimCorp selling concepts and techniques.
- Develop and maintain solid knowledge of SimCorp, our product offerings, and solution features/benefits.
We are looking for a born strategic or consultative 'salesperson' with excellent oral and written communication skills and techniques. This person should be able to identify target personas using key media channels. Moreover:
- Have successful relevant work experience (3-5 years) in a similar position either at a capital markets firm or at a software solutions provider servicing the buy-side or sell-side markets.
- Possess a basic understating of capital markets, investment operations and portfolio management systems via studies or a first professional experience. A knowledge of SimCorp (or competing) products and services is an advantage.
- Language skills: English (fluent), Arabic (preferred)
- Understand the concept of complex solution selling where a consultancy approach to sales is required.
- Able to make high volume of outreaches to present ideas and concepts that lead to prospect/client engagements.
- Knowledge of phone, email and conversation techniques needed to identify the person in a company responsible for a specific initiative or business unit.
- Knowledge and experience in using the SalesForce CRM system.
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint).
- Must be a team player and goal-oriented individual.
- Excellent research skills using online channels such as corporate websites and LinkedIn to identify target stakeholders in prospect and client accounts.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Must exhibit ability to effectively interface with all types of people.
- Ability to effectively manage high-volume workload so as to meet or exceed individual and team goals and objectives.
- Bachelor's degree at a minimum.
Why join SimCorp?
SimCorp sells, develops, implements and maintains SimCorp Dimension, a comprehensive SaaS deployed platform for the investment management industry. As a global company with more than 200 clients all over the world, SimCorp is continuously expanding its market-leading position, with solutions and services that help customers successfully manage the complexities of the constantly changing investment universe and business processes. SimCorp has experienced extremely strong growth in market share, revenues and profits, thus creating many excellent opportunities and rewards for its employees
SimCorp's client base includes many of the global tier 1 buy-side asset managers, as well as a number of smaller boutique houses. Their businesses arrange from institutional and retail funds to sovereign funds, pension funds, insurance companies and third party service providers.
This role offers a unique opportunity to get a broad knowledge of both technology innovation and the buy-side financial market including all asset classes. You would gain an understanding of the wider market participants as well as having the opportunity to interact with a wide variety of functions and roles ranging from trading, risk management, funding, operations, IT, compliance and accounting. The role can also be a spring board into a complex solution sales career.
Founded in 1971 and headquartered in Denmark, SimCorp has subsidiaries throughout the Nordic region and Europe as well as in Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Canada and the USA. SimCorp has approximately 2300 employees and is listed on the Copenhagen Stock Exchange.
What better place to build a successful career?
More about working at SimCorp please see www.Simcorp.com
Please apply online with you CV and motivational letter. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis. If you would like to know more about the position, please contact our Inhouse Recruiter Azeta GUITI at firstname.lastname@example.org.