Do you excel in facilitating team processes and execution, eliminating impediments and driving continuous improvement? Would you like to play key role in taking one of the newest Agile teams in Product Division through a journey to Agile Ways of Working? Then you have an opportunity to be one of our Scrum Masters in SimCorp’s Standard Platform PA!
We are looking for a Scrum Master to join the Standard Platform ART, which is responsible for development of the SimCorp Standard Platform. SimCorp Standard Platform includes: standard business processes and configuration of front-to-back workflows, which enable our Clients to realize value faster.
The Standard Platform Product Area (PA) consists of 30+ members in 5+ geographical locations. We follow the lean-agile principles and use SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) to organize the way we work. You will be part of a professional development organization with more than 600 employees, and with locations in Denmark, Germany, United Kingdom, Ukraine, Austria, Switzerland, Sweden, France and Poland.
SimCorp is a leading provider of the front-to-back investment management system, SimCorp Dimension (SCD). SimCorp is a global company with more than 170 clients that includes many of the top tier buy - side asset managers. All clients rely on SCD to manage their complex investment universe, SimCorp continuously enhances SCD to remain at the forefront of industry technology and trends.
In Product Division, we have several Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and each of them consists of a number of agile teams. Each agile team has a Scrum Master. The Scrum Master’s primary responsibility is to help the self-organizing team to achieve its goals. The Scrum Master is the key facilitator of the team level activities, e.g. solving dependencies between teams, driving cadence of the team’s deliveries and co-operating closely with the Release Train Engineer in the ART. They spend much of their time helping other team members communicate, coordinate and cooperate via effective agile practices. In PD, the Scrum Master role is a dedicated role and potentially a Scrum Master will cover more than one agile team.
- Fulfilling the role as it is defined by the Scrum Guide (https://scrumguides.org/scrum-guide.html), and having the Agile Manifesto as the basis
- Coaching and helping 2 scrum teams, ensuring agility and excellent deliveries
- Facilitate meetings, follow up and eliminate impediments.
- Exhibit lean agile leadership behavior.
- Foster a learning and improvement culture
- Protect the team from uncontrolled work and maintain team’s performance on optimal level
- Collaborate with the Product Owners and outside stakeholders
- Being part of a strong Agile Coaching community of practice, composed of around 40 Scrum Masters and Release Train Engineers
- Experience in similar positions where agile approaches were used
- Skilled in impediment removal, following up, facilitation
- Ability to inspire to do things “better” – continuous improvement
- Proficient in English and a great communicator.
- Experience with SAFe/agile practices is an advantage
- Goal orientation rather than task orientation.
- Appreciation of team accomplishments over personal accomplishments.
- Understanding of the financial services industry is an advantage.
Why join SimCorp?
At SimCorp you get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues in a global company counting more than 50 nationalities and offices in more than 20 countries. We provide complex IT solutions to the world’s leading investment management firms in a rapidly changing market. Acting in this niche brings lots of challenging and interesting opportunities. SimCorp is a leading provider of investment management solutions to the world’s largest asset managers, fund managers, asset servicers, pension and insurance funds, wealth managers, banks and sovereign wealth funds.
This year, we are celebrating the 50th birthday of SimCorp, and we are proud to be producing high quality software solutions for 50 years! Come and join us, to experience a global market leader company that values its people, and delights its customers. We celebrate multiple points of view and together we’re building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities.
For additional information about the position, please contact Mette Kvist at email@example.com. Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your CV and motivational letter in English as soon as possible. We are looking forward to be hearing from you!