SimCorp North America is recruiting a Senior Business Consultant to implement SimCorp Dimension at asset managers, fund managers, banks and pension plans across the US and Canada. Our consulting teams work hands on with both client technology teams and their business lines, to configure SimCorp Dimension, to evolve and shape underlying business processes to fit the application, and to implement Dimension on client defined infrastructure.
The consultant will be responsible for all aspects of the implementation process, with primary focus on the ABOR (Accounting Book of Records) suite of functionality: Investment Accounting, Fund Administration, and General Ledger.
Consulting teams will be exposed to a spectrum of financial instruments, equity and fixed income instruments to complex OTC derivatives and alternative investments.
Simcorp’s internal education program provides consultants a unique opportunity for personal development and to gain in-depth knowledge over a broad range of areas within the investment management industry. Consultants will have the opportunity to specialize in specific areas of the investment management process and have a unique opportunity to influence their career path. Additionally, consultants will gain invaluable 'hands-on' experience working with world class investment managers at client sites.
We are looking to add to our team of professionals someone with knowledge and experiences in accounting for financial instruments. In particular, someone with a knowledge of established accounting rules, such as IFRS or Us-GAAP. In addition, hands-on experiences with daily accounting of financial instruments, accounting closing processes and financial reporting are desirable.
Willingness to travel (inter)nationally will be required based on where Simcorp’s customers are located in North America.
SimCorp is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Participate in our implementation project throughout a project life-cycle as an accounting resource including gathering and understanding client’s requirement, configuration, documentation, and presentation of accounting functionality as well as providing testing support to our client
- Support Senior Consultants for presentations to clients, or preparing project artifacts such as project scope document
- Build network of people both within and outside of organization to work effectively
- Gain understanding of Simcorp’s Global Standard Solutions and utilize them for project delivery
- Support maintenance of Global Standard Solutions and make contributions to its improvements and refinements
- Knowledge Sharing – Contribute in our knowledge sharing within the organization
- Take an active role in the Service Line to improve project best practice based on the global delivery model and know-how of consultants.
You are a successful and highly regarded consultant and are ready take the next step to stretch yourself both professionally and personally.
As an ideal candidate, you possess the following qualifications:
- Our candidates will have experience in one or more of the following fields:
- Asset Management – Back Office – or Financial Reporting
- Consulting or Professional Services within the Asset Management sector
- An implementation role for a software vendor specializing in Asset Management software
- Asset Management candidates should have 3-5 years of experience working hands on with the investment and/or fund accounting functions and the enterprise applications that enable them
- Consultants should have experience with multiple enterprise implementations involving ABOR functions on the buy side, and hands on experience with applications similar to Dimension
- Degree within Business discipline (Accounting, Finance, or Economics) or Mathematics/Applied Sciences preferred
- Self-starter with a can-do mindset
- Ability to manage assigned tasks and deliver the results on time
- Have Excellent communication skills and proficiency in English – both oral and written
- Basic understanding of financial industry/products and related accounting
- CPA, CA, or CFA qualification is a plus
- Hands-on experience with SimCorp Dimension is a plus
- Ability to travel to client’s site (Up to 70%)
SimCorp is a leading provider of investment management solutions to the world’s largest asset managers, fund managers, asset servicers, pension and insurance funds, wealth managers, banks and sovereign wealth funds. Here you will get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues. We are more than 1.900 employees from 50+ nationalities dedicated to supporting our 200+ clients across the globe.
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, together we are building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities.
Visit our career pages to learn why other people choose to work at SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career
If you would like to know more about the job, please apply. You can also contact Kevin Brown (North American Recruitment), email: email@example.com. Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your application as soon as possible.
Please include CV and motivational letter. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.