Who we are
For over 50 years, we have worked closely with investment and asset managers to become the world’s leading provider of integrated investment management solutions. We are 2,800+ colleagues with a broad range of nationalities, education, professional experience, ages, and backgrounds in general.
SimCorp is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering a culture where diverse perspectives and expertise are integrated in our everyday work. We believe in the continual growth and development of our employees, so that we can provide best-in-class solutions to our clients. While striving to deliver client value, we believe it is vital to consider our people and our planet in every business decision we make. Acting responsibly is not just optional, it is essential.
Why this role is important to us
In SimCorp, we assist some of the biggest financial institutions in the world to be efficient by simplifying their investments, accounting, and operations. We do this through IT systems, processes, and financial knowledge. Implementing our software solutions by way of high-quality projects is at the core of what we do. To introduce our software to our clients and help enable them to reach their desired outcomes, business consultants are essential to us.
As a Senior Business Consultant and expert in Alternative Investments, you will be part of our EMEA Professional Services. The main purpose of the role is to contribute to the successful implementation of our software platform SimCorp Dimension®. You will own tasks throughout the implementation phases and be an important trusted advisor to the client. You will mainly work remotely on implemention projects in Germany, Austria, Switzerland or other EMEA locations which require your expertise in the financial instruments area. In addition, you will contribute to driving knowledge transfer in the Alternative Investments Service Line.
During the three-week SimCorp Dimension® Academy, ‘hands-on’ experience with our software system will be a part of your onboarding. You are or will become a specialist within several areas in SimCorp Dimension.
What you will be responsible for
- Contributing to all aspects of SimCorp Dimension implementation projects with a focus on Alternative Investments
- Leading workstreams covering all required tasks, dependencies, and time/resource estimation
- Mapping to SimCorp Dimension functions and processes, as well as designing and configuring a customised solution
- Assisting the client in developing an overall test strategy, test plans, and in carrying out test cases
- Facilitating workshops to gather requirements for new and existing clients
- Mentoring, coaching, and helping colleagues to secure the project deliveries
What we value
Most importantly, you can see yourself contributing and thriving in the position described above. How you gained the skills needed for doing that is less important. We expect you to excel at several of the following skills and be able to - and interested in - learning the rest.
- Work experience with Alternative Investments as a Business Analyst or Consultant from banks, asset managers, insurers or consulting firms
- Effective consulting skills
- Experience with working in projects, e.g., software implementation projects
- Knowledge of financial instruments or the asset management business and processes
- CFA/CIIA or other relevant certifications/designations are desirable
- Know-how in at least two of the following areas: trading and order management, compliance, regulatory and internal restrictions, portfolio management (equity, fixed income and derivatives), performance measurement and attribution, risk management (market and liquidity), regulatory topics such as Solvency II (incl. ORSA), instrument valuation and analytics (theoretical pricing)
- Enthusiasm to learn and use new software
- Fluency in English and good German skills (B2)
- We expect you to come to the office on two days a week on average
Competitive salary, bonus scheme, and pension are essential for any work agreement. However, in SimCorp, we believe we can offer more. Therefore, in addition to the traditional benefit scheme, we provide an excellent work life balance and opportunities for professional development: there is never just one route - we offer an individual approach to professional development to support the direction you want to take. Visit our career pages to learn more about working at SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career
Please click below to apply or contact Rita Jeziorowski on firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the vacancy and what SimCorp offers regarding salary, benefits and perks.
Please note only applications sent through our system will be processed. Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your CV in English as soon as possible. If you are interested in being a part of SimCorp but are not sure this role is the right fit, submit your CV anyway. SimCorp is on an exciting growth journey, and our Talent Acquisition Team is ready to help you discover the right role for you. The approximate time to consider your CV is three weeks.
We are eager to continually improve our talent acquisition process and make everyone’s experience positive and valuable. Therefore, during the process we will ask you to provide your feedback, which is highly appreciated