SimCorp North America is looking for a high caliber Senior Business Consultant to implement SimCorp GAIN and DataCare solutions at asset managers, fund managers, banks and pension plans across the US and Canada.
The consultant will be responsible for software development aspects of SimCorp GAIN and DataCare implementations.
SimCorp's internal education program provides consultants a unique opportunity for personal development and to gain in-depth knowledge over a broad range of areas within the investment management industry. Consultants will have the opportunity to specialize in specific areas of the investment management process and have a unique opportunity to influence their career path. Additionally, consultants will gain invaluable ‘hands-on’ experience working with world class investment managers at client sites.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in SimCorp's GAIN internal training program.
- Understand the current GAIN Platform and product stack and keep up to date with ongoing, quarterly releases.
- Participate in all software development aspects of the SimCorp GAIN implementation:
- Understand, document and challenge customer requirements
- discuss solutions
- implement and test the chosen solution, and
- support it.
- We use a variety of tools, but the main ones are C# and an Oracle database. You will mainly be working with backend and APIs.
- Contribute to improving and documenting best practices for implementations in the US and Canada.
- Act as a mentor and coach to less experienced colleagues.
- Flexibility to travel to client sites within the US or Canada as needed and upon short-notice (travel requirement of up to 50%).
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- 2–5 years experience working on software implementation projects in the financial industry.
- Degree within Physics/Mathematics/Science/Engineering/Economics or Computer Science (advanced degree preferred).
- Consultants must possess detailed knowledge in the following areas:
- Software development with C# and .NET.
- Relational Databases: Oracle, SQL Server.
- Consultants will also have a proven track record and be able to demonstrate:
- An interest in the Finance industry the capacity to learn more, through a combination of internal training and on-the-job experience.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and a solution focused attitude
- Methodical, hardworking, enthusiastic and an ability to work well under pressure
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Interest and enthusiasm to use and learn new software packages.
- Detailed knowledge of two or more of the following areas:
- C# or any other object oriented language
- XML, and/or ETL tools
- Architecture for enterprise systems
- Testing. E.g., Test-Driven Development, agile testing, test automation, test methodologies
- System performance improvements
- Continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
SimCorp is a leading provider of investment management solutions to the world’s largest asset managers, fund managers, asset servicers, pension and insurance funds, wealth managers, banks and sovereign wealth funds. Here you will get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues. We are more than 1.900 employees from 50+ nationalities dedicated to supporting our 200+ clients across the globe.
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, together we are building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities.
Visit our career pages to learn why other people choose to work at SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career
If you would like to know more about the job, please apply. You can also contact Kevin Brown (North American Recruitment), email: email@example.com. Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your application as soon as possible.
Please include CV and motivational letter. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.