Senior Business Consultant – Investment Service line
Who we are
For over 50 years, we have worked closely with investment and asset managers to become the world’s leading provider of integrated investment management solutions. We are 2,100+ colleagues with a broad range of nationalities, educations, professional experiences, ages, and backgrounds in general.
SimCorp is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culture where diverse perspectives and expertise are integrated in our everyday work. We believe in the continual growth and development of our employees, so that we can provide best-in-class solutions to our clients.
While striving to deliver client value, we believe it is vital to consider our people and our planet in every business decision we make. Acting responsibly is not optional. It is essential.
Why this role is important to us
In SimCorp NA, we help some of the biggest asset managers, fund managers, pension funds, insurance companies, banks across the US and Canada to meet their investment goals, generate more alpha on their investments, no matter the asset, strategy or operating model. We do this through IT systems, processes, and financial knowledge. Implementing our software and Investment management solutions by way of high-quality projects is at the core of what we do. To introduce, deliver our software and Investment management solutions to our clients for final adoption, business consultants are essential to us.
As a Senior Business Consultant, you will be part of a team in Professional Services. The Investment Service Line team specifically contributes to deliver SimCorp solutions for Portfolio Management and Trading, Compliance, Valuation, Performance and Risk Management domains. You will own tasks throughout the implementation phases of SimCorp Dimension. You will be a trusted advisor to the clients and help enable them to reach their desired outcomes with solutions they will adopt in the long run.
What you will be responsible for
- Be an expert in Investment management and in the solutions supported in the SimCorp Dimension product to service this business, to deliver the expected outcomes and value to the SimCorp clients.
- Demonstrate strong soft consulting skills to build a trustful partnership with the SimCorp clients.
- Contribute to all aspects of the SimCorp Dimension implementation projects, including clarification and design, configuration, integration, data conversion, testing, training and adoption.
- Facilitate workshops to gather requirements for new and existing clients.
- Document client requirements and map to SimCorp Dimension functions and processes, identifying process improvements and efficiencies where possible to deliver best outcomes to our customers.
- Deliver value to our customers through consulting excellency, business knowledge expertise, efficiency in configuration, standardization, knowledge sharing and collaboration across SimCorp divisions.
- Provide configuration and end-user training, allowing the client to maintain SimCorp Dimension and optimize its usage.
- Manage independently multiple business-related workstreams in the implementation project, identifying all required tasks, dependencies, and time/resource estimates and providing to Project Manager for inclusion in the overall project plan, as well as providing regular status updates.
- Work closely with the client and the SimCorp product management team to document and support client development needs.
- Maintain up to date expertise in the latest product and configuration capabilities to deliver the best solutions to our clients.
- Contribute to improving and documenting best practices for implementations in the US and Canada.
- Lead small and mid-sized SimCorp Dimension projects.
- Mentor and coach less experienced colleagues.
What we value
Most importantly, you can see yourself contributing and thriving in the position described above. How you gained the skills needed for doing that is less important. We expect you to be good at several of the following and be able to - and interested in - learning the rest.
- 4–7+ years of relevant experience working on software implementation projects in the financial industry with a focus on the Front and Middle Office for the Asset Management industry.
- Degree within Physics/Maths/Science/Engineering/Economics or Finance (advanced degree preferred)
- Deep knowledge of Portfolio management and decision-making tools in the front office, Compliance, Orders execution, Performance measurement and attribution, Valuation & Risk, Fixed income products, Equity-based products, Exchange-traded and OTC derivatives, FX products (spots, forwards, etc.)
- Superior presentation and communication skills to build strong partnership with our clients and all internal teams, including the senior management level.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a solution focused attitude to deliver best designed deliverables to our clients
- Methodical, hardworking, enthusiastic with an ability to work well under pressure, and manage several priorities with a hands-on approach
- Interest and enthusiasm to use and learn new software packages.
- Strong project management skills
- Will to act as a mentor and coach less experienced colleagues
- Desire to work in an environment motivated by the SimCorp culture, embodied in being caring, customer success driven, collaborative, curious and courageous.
- Good English as it is our corporate language and is used in all communications
Competitive salary, bonus scheme, and pension are essential for any work agreement. However, in SimCorp, we believe we can offer more. Therefore, in addition to the traditional benefit scheme, we provide an excellent work & life balance and opportunities for professional development: there is never just only one route - we offer an individual approach to professional development to support the direction you want to take.
Please click below to apply or get in touch with Kevin Brown (North American Recruitment), email: firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the vacancy and what SimCorp has to offer regarding salary, benefits, and perks.
Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your CV in English as soon as possible. If you are interested in being a part of SimCorp but are not sure this role is the right fit, submit your CV anyway. SimCorp is on an exciting growth journey, and our Talent Acquisition Team is ready to help you discover the right role for you. The approximate time to consider your CV is three weeks.
We are eager to continually improve our talent acquisition process and make everyone’s experience positive and valuable. Therefore, during the process we will ask you to provide your feedback, which is highly appreciated.