SimCorp USA is looking for a high caliber Senior Business Consultant to implement SimCorp Dimension at asset managers, insurance companies, fund managers, banks and pension plans across the US and Canada.
As SimCorp Dimension covers a broad universe of financial instruments, consultants will be exposed to a wide range of securities, from plain vanilla equity and fixed income instruments as well as complex OTC derivatives.
SimCorp's internal education program provides consultants a unique opportunity for personal development and to gain in-depth knowledge of a broad range of areas within the investment management industry. Consultants will have the opportunity to specialize in specific areas of the investment management process and have a unique opportunity to influence their career path. Additionally, consultants will gain invaluable ‘hands-on’ experience working with world class investment managers at client sites.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Participate in all aspects of the SimCorp Dimension implementation, including business analysis, system design and configuration, data conversion, integration
· Independently manage multiple business-related workstreams in the implementation project, identifying all required tasks, dependencies, and time/resource estimates
· Facilitate requirements gathering workshops at new or existing clients in business-related areas, such as portfolio and cash structures, data management, transaction and settlement processing, corporate actions, and reconciliation
· Document client requirements and map them to SimCorp Dimension functions and processes, identifying process improvements and efficiencies where possible
· Design and deliver an overall solution set to meet client requirements by modelling operational workflows within SimCorp Dimension, customizing and delivering standard configuration solutions, and developing and delivering new solutions
· Troubleshooting and resolving issues as they arise.
· Contribute to improving and documenting best practices for implementations in the US and Canada
· Act as a mentor and coach to less experienced colleagues
· Participate in SimCorp's internal certification program
· Flexibility to travel to client sites within the US or Canada as needed and upon short-notice (travel requirement of up to 70%)
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
· Degree within Physics/Maths/Science/Engineering/Economics/Computer Science or Finance (advanced degree preferred)
· Consultants will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in one of the following fields:
· Middle or Back Office functions in a financial institution
· Consulting or Professional Services within the financial services sector
· An implementation role on software implementation projects in the financial industry
· Consultants will also have a proven track record and be able to demonstrate:
· Strong presentation and communication skills
· Excellent problem-solving skills and a client focused attitude
· Methodical, hardworking, enthusiastic and an ability to work well under pressure
· Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
· Interest and enthusiasm to use and learn new software packages
· Detailed knowledge of two or more of the following areas:
· Trading and settlement flows, including Swift, CTM (domestic and international)
· Fixed income products
· Equity-based products, including corporate action processing
· Exchange-traded and OTC derivatives
· FX products (spots, forwards, etc.)
· Collateral management
· Theoretical valuation
· SQL, XML, and/or ETL tools
· Relational databases
· Knowledge of data providers’ proprietary software
SimCorp is a leading provider of investment management solutions to the world’s largest asset managers, fund managers, asset servicers, pension and insurance funds, wealth managers, banks and sovereign wealth funds. Here you will get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues. We are more than 1.900 employees from 50+ nationalities dedicated to supporting our 200+ clients across the globe.
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, together we are building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities.
Visit our career pages to learn why other people choose to work at SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career
If you would like to know more about the job, please apply. You can also contact Kevin Brown (North American Recruitment), email: email@example.com. Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your application as soon as possible.
Please include CV and motivational letter. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.