SimCorp USA is looking for a high caliber Senior Business Consultant to implement SimCorp reporting and data management solutions at asset managers, fund managers, banks and pension plans across the US and Canada.
The consultant will be responsible for all aspect of the implementation process, with primary focus on the reporting and data management for clients in finance industry.
SimCorp's internal education program provides consultants a unique opportunity for personal development and to gain in-depth knowledge over a broad range of areas within the investment management industry. Consultants will have the opportunity to specialize in specific areas of the investment management process and have a unique opportunity to influence their career path. Additionally, consultants will gain invaluable ‘hands-on’ experience working with world class investment managers at client sites.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in all aspects of the SimCorp Coric implementation, including business analysis, system design and configuration, data conversion, integration, testing and training.
- Independently manage workstreams in the implementation project, identifying all required tasks, dependencies, and time/resource estimates and providing to Project Manager for inclusion in the overall project plan, as well as providing regular status updates.
- Facilitate requirements gathering workshops at new or existing clients in technology and business-related areas, such as client reporting and data management.
- Document client requirements and map to SimCorp reporting and data management functions and processes, identifying process improvements and efficiencies where possible.
- Design and deliver an overall solution set to meet client requirements, modelling operational workflows around SimCorp reporting and data management, customizing and delivering standard configuration solutions, and developing and delivering new solutions.
- Assist the client in development an overall test strategy and test plans and support the client in the execution of test cases, troubleshooting and resolving issues as they arise.
- Provide configuration and end-user training, allowing the client to maintain SimCorp Coric optimize its usage.
- Contribute to improving and documenting best practices for implementations in the US and Canada.
- Act as a mentor and coach to less experienced colleagues.
- Participate in SimCorp's internal training program.
- Flexibility to travel to client sites within the US or Canada as needed and upon short-notice (travel requirement of up to 70%).
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- 2–5 years experience working on reporting and data management implementation projects in the financial industry
- Degree within Physics/Mathematics/Computer Science/Engineering
- Consultants must possess detailed knowledge in Report Development, Business Intelligence tools, Data Warehouse, Data Modelling
- Experience in the following fields is preferred:
- Consulting or Professional Services within the Asset Management sector
- An implementation role for a software vendor specializing in Asset Management software
- Consultants will also have a proven track record and be able to demonstrate:
- An interest in the Finance industry the capacity to learn more, through a combination of internal training and on-the-job experience.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and a solution focused attitude
- Methodical, hardworking, enthusiastic and an ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Interest and enthusiasm to use and learn new software packages.
- Detailed knowledge of two or more of the following areas:
- Investment accounting and financial instruments
- SQL, XML, C#
- ETL tools and data integration methodologies
- Relational databases and data modelling
- SDLC components (agile/waterfall methodology) within the scrum framework
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Report development
- Data Warehouse and dimensional data models
- Business Intelligence tools: Qlik, Power BI
SimCorp is a leading provider of investment management solutions to the world’s largest asset managers, fund managers, asset servicers, pension and insurance funds, wealth managers, banks and sovereign wealth funds. Here you will get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues. We are more than 1.900 employees from 50+ nationalities dedicated to supporting our 200+ clients across the globe.
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, together we are building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities.
Visit our career pages to learn why other people choose to work at SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career
If you would like to know more about the job, please apply. You can also contact Kevin Brown (North American Recruitment), email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your application as soon as possible.
Please include CV and motivational letter. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing