Senior Business Consultant (DWH/CLOUD) – Data Platform Modernization (Snowflake)
In SimCorp, we assist some of the biggest financial institutions in the world to be fruitful by simplifying their investments, accounting, and operations.
Our flagship product, SimCorp Dimension®, is a fully integrated front-to-back investment management solution, used by more than 200 clients located all over the world. It includes front office, middle office, back-office data, and reporting solutions.
SimCorp continuously enhances the portfolio of offerings to remain at the forefront of industry technology and trends. On top of this, over the last few years, we have been honing our service delivery and support model to implement SimCorp solutions to our clients and take ownership of running installations in the best possible way.
This is why our Advanced Delivery Center (ADC) has been forged. First established in 2016 in Warsaw, Poland and extended to Manila, Philippines in 2021 and now kicking off a new location in Mexico. Business Consultants in the ADC work, in close collaboration with our market units, on business functionality and solution workflows to tailor and deploy configuration of SimCorp Dimension to our customers.
Why this role is important to us
We are now looking for a Senior Business Consultant (DWH/CLOUD) - a highly skilled professional who will form part of our Professional Services team, working within Consulting Services and based within Advanced Delivery Center in Poland. The main purpose of the role is to provide expert advice and functional delivery in the successful deployment of SimCorp products and services in the data engineering and reporting areas. The consultant will be heavily involved in the Data Platform Modernization project, moving from on-premises solutions to cloud (Snowflake).
What you will be responsible for
- Act as a trusted advisor supporting our Clients in Cloud Journey.
- Facilitate requirements gathering workshops in business and technical-related areas.
- Participate in data platform modernization initiatives to offer Clients best cloud experience for data warehouse and reporting solutions.
- Identify and plan proper data migration strategy to support business requirements.
- Use Python skills to implement tools automating data migration process.
- Design, implement and test changes to the Data Warehouse model and ETL workflows.
- Work with data ingestion and extraction pipelines.
- Test and optimize the process and tools to meet performance and data quality requirements.
- Leverage project experience to estimate and plan delivery of small team.
- Demonstrate growth as a SME for the SC products or technologies.
- Participate in company knowledge sharing culture, mentor junior consultants, contribute to content creation.
What we value
- Min. 5 years of IT professional experience.
- Hands on experience with Oracle and Snowflake databases.
- Understanding of database concepts, data modeling for analytics and reporting solutions.
- Understanding of Data Warehouse and ETL/ELT concepts.
- Experience with migrating/processing high volumes of data.
- Familiarity with cloud environments (preferred Azure data stack).
- SQL and PL/SQL programming skills.
- Strong Python development skills focused on automation and data pipelines processing.
- Data manipulation frameworks, like Pandas.
- Familiarity with BI reporting tools (preferred Qlik Sense).
- Experience with project work delivery (member of project teams organized as an agile or waterfall).
- Feeling comfortable with business requirements gathering and clarification including direct work with business users.
- Ability to coordinate small projects, workstreams or work groups as a leading consultant.
- Experience working in international/multicultural environment.
Nice to have
- Basic knowledge of financial instruments and markets or experience working with financial data/business processes related to investment management.
- Experience working as a consultant for external client (prior experience in Professional Services).
- You want to develop your career as a consultant in data engineering field for top brand in fintech sector.
- Flexible working hours
- Private medical care (Medicover)
- Sharing the costs of sports activities (Multisport Card)
- Life insurance
- Possibility to develop your career in an international environment
- Professional training and courses (starting from a 3-week SimCorp Dimension® Academy)
- German and English language classes
- Integration events and charity projects
In addition, we provide a good work & life balance and opportunities for professional development in an international environment: there is never just only one route - we offer an individual approach to professional development to support the direction you want to take. Visit our career pages to learn more about working at SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career
Please click below to apply.
Get in touch with Hanna Brzózka on firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the vacancy and what SimCorp has to offer regarding salary, benefits, and perks.
Applications are continuously assessed. If you are interested in being a part of SimCorp but are not sure this role is the right fit, submit your CV anyway. SimCorp is on an exciting growth journey, and our Talent Acquisition Team is ready to assist you to discover the right role for you. The approximate time to consider your CV is three weeks.
We are eager to continually improve our talent acquisition process and make everyone’s experience positive and valuable. Therefore, during the process we will ask you to provide your feedback, which is highly appreciated.
Who we are
For over 50 years, we have worked closely with investment and asset managers to become the world’s leading provider of integrated investment management solutions. We are 2,300+ colleagues with a broad range of nationalities, educations, professional experiences, ages, and backgrounds in general.
SimCorp is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culture where diverse perspectives and expertise are integrated in our everyday work. We believe in the continual growth and development of our employees so that we can provide best-in-class solutions to our clients. While seeking to deliver client value, we believe it is vital to consider our people and our planet in every business decision we make. Acting responsibly is not optional. It is essential.