SimCorp North America is looking for an experienced Customer Executive to join its growing Customer Success Team.
Customer Executives are responsible for proactively retaining and developing business with existing customers by driving customer expansion and renewal. In addition to driving a strategic dialogue with customer executives based on industry, SimCorp, peer and customer insights, this role coordinates and orchestrates the strategic collaboration between the Customer and SimCorp executives by proactively developing relationships with C-level customer stakeholders. There is additional collaboration with the Customer Success Managers and oversees adoption. The balance between Adopt and Expand activities would be approximately 70% on Expand and 30% on Adopt.
- Expansion: Identifies, positions and drives opportunities for value add through SimCorp software and services adjacent to customer's current footprint.
- Renewal: Advices customers on the flexibility, capabilities, and applicability of their solution for maximizing customer outcome.
- Executive engagement: Establish and maintain C-level long-term trusted relationships and engage these in discussing industry trends, problem solving and overall business opportunities
- Knowledge sharing: Leverages industry and peer insight to expand the relevant scope and value creation potential for customers assessing short- and long-term needs
- Management: Has a set of named accounts and will orchestrate Customer Success Teams according to customer strategies to secure optimal value for the Customer and for SimCorp. Owns the account plan. Executive representative in Governance escalation structure.
- Commercial negotiations: Prime SimCorp facilitator on commercial negotiations securing that the customer is met with the best qualified team from SimCorp
- Understanding solution scope: Understands customer strategic agenda and key issues. Utilizes knowledge of other customers and depth of experience to inform, challenge and define adopt / expand scope and approach
- Managing customer interface: Owns, leads and manages customer C-level stakeholder engagement. Ensures an overall holistic understanding of the customer based on insights from Service Delivery Manager and Customer Success Manager. Experience in contract formulation and negotiation. Owns business case formulation and deal shaping.
- Building & sustaining network (internal/external): Builds and sustains effective c-level networks to create value add for customers. Establishes connections between customer and SimCorp VP/C-levels. Builds and sustain network among other thought leaders in the industry.
Managing for results
- Planning & management: Creates and ensures realistic and measurable adopt and expand objectives across customer accounts. Advises on adopt and expand delivery design and implementation. Reviews and advises on adopt and expand project plans incl. forecast targets.
- Managing risk: Run risk management reviews with Customer Success Manager and the customer's C-level. Anticipates and resolves conflicts, looking for win-win solutions at C-level.
- Ensuring quality: Leads engagement quality reviews with Customer Success Team and C-level at the customer. Advises team of design of quality assurance procedures
Leading with expertise
- Advises on best practice tools & methodologies: Advises on the use of a range of diagnostic/value/outcome tools, methods and techniques. Champions benchmarking, best practices and next practices
- Leveraging knowledge: Applies industry knowledge to build solutions that deliver tangible and compelling. value to customers. Has credible depth of knowledge across a range of customer segments and geographies. Has credible depth of knowledge across how SimCorp software domains and service offerings is helping customers globally solve business problems.
- Building thought leadership: Influences business thinking and perceived as thought leader. Expertise sought by external parties to advise on effective investment management operations. Authors and represents SimCorp thought leadership pieces.
- Influencing: Applies influencing skills in a range of complex situations, adapting style and leading others to see alternatives. Instills trust and confidence, and builds goodwill in customer organization
- Communication and presentation: Positions SimCorp software and services based on customer situation, issues and desired outcomes. Actively sought to deliver confident and engaging presentations to a wide range of audiences. Draws on a range of experiences and techniques to adapt communication style to challenging situations and audiences.
- Facilitation: Manages complex, high risk group dynamics, conflicts and concerns to promote win-win outcomes. Is at ease facilitating meetings and workshops with wide range of audiences, from operations to c-level.
- Proven experience within the Asset Management industry or within FinTech supporting Asset Managers
- Relevant Bachelor's degree; preference for computer science or related degrees
- Leadership experience preferred
- Knowledge of Front-to-Back Office processes
- Knowledge and experience with SimCorp Dimension product a plus
- Deep knowledge of SimCorp Dimension product and service portfolio
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Ideally combined background of post-sale and sales experience
- Demonstrated empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth
- Understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
SimCorp is a leading provider of investment management solutions to the world’s largest asset managers, fund managers, asset servicers, pension and insurance funds, wealth managers, banks and sovereign wealth funds. Here you will get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues. We are more than 1.900 employees from 50+ nationalities dedicated to supporting our 200+ clients across the globe.
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, together we are building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities.
Visit our career pages to learn why other people choose to work at SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career