Senior DWH/BI Consultant / Team Leader | ADC Poland
In SimCorp, we assist some of the biggest financial institutions in the world to be fruitful by simplifying their investments, accounting, and operations.
Our flagship product, SimCorp Dimension®, is a fully integrated front-to-back investment management solution, used by more than 200 clients located all over the world. It includes front office, middle office, back-office data, and reporting solutions.
SimCorp continuously enhances the portfolio of offerings to remain at the forefront of industry technology and trends. On top of this, over the last few years, we have been honing our service delivery and support model to implement SimCorp solutions to our clients and take ownership of running installations in the best possible way.
This is why our Advanced Delivery Center (ADC) has been forged. First established in 2016 in Warsaw, Poland and extended to Manila, Philippines in 2021 and now kicking off a new location in Mexico. Business Consultants in the ADC work, in close collaboration with our market units, on business functionality and solution workflows to tailor and deploy configuration of SimCorp Dimension to our customers.
Why this role is important to us
We are now looking for a Senior Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence Consultant / Team Leader – a highly skilled professional who will form part of our Professional Services team, working within Consulting Services, to be based within Advanced Delivery Center in Poland.
The main purpose of the role is to provide expert advice and functional delivery in the successful deployment of SimCorp products and services within a client’s environment. This is a combined role where half of the time is spent on tasks relating to team leadership, supporting the Senior Manager in planning and overseeing the day-to-day operations of the team, and the remaining is focused on the role of Senior Business Consultant in the Data & Communication team.
What you will be responsible for
- Act as a trusted Client advisor
- Facilitate requirements gathering workshop and trainings at new or existing clients in business-related areas and domains
- Gather, understand, and document the clients’ requirements
- Identify proper data integration strategy to support business needs
- Design, implement and test reporting and data analytics solutions
- Design, implement and test changes to the Data Warehouse model and ETL workflows
- Identify areas of improvements and efficiencies where possible to maximize value creation for the Client
- Provide configuration and end-user training, allowing the Client to maintain SimCorp products and optimize its usage
- Can act as project leader for small and mid-sized projects or manage group of consultants
- Leverage project experience to plan tasks and estimate effort required for delivery
- Participate remotely in implementation projects around the world
- Demonstrate growth as a SME for the SC products or technologies
- Ensure optimal planning and allocation of resources within the team
- Provide mentoring and direction to employees, foster a feedback-rich culture
- Ensure that team members have a solid understanding of performance requirements and check if tasks and objectives are met at required performance level
- Plan and monitor development of the supervised employees, with the attention to their engagement and well-being
- Support recruitment process, onboarding and offboarding of employees in co-operation with HR and Manager
- Monitor and improve work procedures and processes, engage with relevant parts of the organization in order to increase efficiency and quality
- Together with their management team take an active role in supporting the overall strategic direction
- Identify opportunities for growth, exploring new ideas and participate in sales processes when required to position SimCorp concepts and offerings
Contribution to the community:
- Act as a mentor for new employees and support colleagues to grow capabilities in a given area of expertise
- Collaborate and share your knowledge with colleagues from the team and across the company
What we value
- Min. 5 years of total professional experience
- Min. 4 years of experience in creating e2e reporting solutions/dashboards (covering requirements gathering, design, development, testing)
- Min. 4 years of a hands-on experience with Qlik Sense / Qlik View / Nprinting or/and Power BI
- Solid knowledge of Databases (preferred Oracle DB / Snowflake) and data modeling
- Good understanding of Data Warehousing and ETL concepts
- Practical knowledge of SQL
- Experience with Cloud technologies (preferred Azure)
- Basic knowledge of financial instruments and markets or experience working with financial data/business processes related to investment management
- Min. 2 years of experience in leading or managing projects / workgroups / functional teams, (in a role of a leading consultant/scrum master/project coordinator)
- Min. 3 years of experience with project work delivery (member of project teams organized as an agile or waterfall)
- Experience in working with external client
- Experience with business requirements gathering and clarification including direct work with business users
- Ability to run workshops with the client to present solutions and clarify requirements
- Knowledge of SDLC methodologies
- Experience supporting sales processes (solutioning, estimations, scope definition, offer development, etc.)
- Experience with working in an international environment with daily use of English
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Degree in studies related to Computer Science, Business Administration or Finance
Flexible working hours
Private medical care (Medicover)
Sharing the costs of sports activities (Multisport Card)
Possibility to develop your career in an international environment
Professional training and courses (starting from a 3-week SimCorp Dimension® Academy)
German and English language classes
Integration events and charity projects
In addition, we provide a good work & life balance and opportunities for professional development in an international environment: there is never just only one route - we offer an individual approach to professional development to support the direction you want to take. Visit our career pages to learn more about working at SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career
Please click below to apply.
Get in touch with Hanna Brzózka on firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the vacancy and what SimCorp has to offer regarding salary, benefits, and perks.
Applications are continuously assessed. If you are interested in being a part of SimCorp but are not sure this role is the right fit, submit your CV anyway. SimCorp is on an exciting growth journey, and our Talent Acquisition Team is ready to assist you to discover the right role for you. The approximate time to consider your CV is three weeks.
We are eager to continually improve our talent acquisition process and make everyone’s experience positive and valuable. Therefore, during the process we will ask you to provide your feedback, which is highly appreciated.
Who we are
For over 50 years, we have worked closely with investment and asset managers to become the world’s leading provider of integrated investment management solutions. We are 2,300+ colleagues with a broad range of nationalities, educations, professional experiences, ages, and backgrounds in general.
SimCorp is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culture where diverse perspectives and expertise are integrated in our everyday work. We believe in the continual growth and development of our employees so that we can provide best-in-class solutions to our clients. While seeking to deliver client value, we believe it is vital to consider our people and our planet in every business decision we make. Acting responsibly is not optional. It is essential.