Are you enthusiastic about working in global finance? Do you find motivation in applying your financial controlling competencies and skills towards ensuring solid financial controlling and the creation of high-quality financial reporting? Then join our Group Financial Controlling & Reporting team!
Who we are
For over 50 years, we have worked closely with investment and asset managers to become the world’s leading provider of integrated investment management solutions. We are 2,500+ colleagues with a broad range of nationalities, educations, professional experiences, ages, and backgrounds in general.
SimCorp is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culture where diverse perspectives and expertise are integrated in our everyday work. We believe in the continual growth and development of our employees, so that we can provide best-in-class solutions to our clients. While striving to deliver client value, we believe it is vital to consider our people and our planet in every business decision we make.
Why this role is important to us
The Financial Controlling & Reporting function is part of Group Accounting and Financial Reporting; Together, we are responsible for accounting, financial controlling, consolidation, tax and transfer pricing. Group Accounting and Financial Reporting is comprised of 20 employees at HQ (Denmark) and is part of the larger Global Finance organization with around 100 employees. You will be reporting to the Head of Financial Controlling & Reporting.
What you will be responsible for
You will be allocated a number of SimCorp subsidiaries as your area of responsibility. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Ensuring financial reporting in accordance with group principles and in compliance with IFRS, Danish accounting requirements and other accounting matters
- Participating in financial month-end closing preparing consolidated accounts and preparation of year-end reporting to parent company and being responsible for key areas of accounting
- Supporting the Group audit including preparing of documentation for the audit
- Taking part in maintaining the group's accounting policies and guidelines as well as supporting implementing new IFRS standards
- Ensuring good internal controls in global financial processes and optimizations using analyses and systems
- Being part of converting financial data into consolidated Profit and Loss statements, Balance Sheets, Cash flow statements and disclosures
- Communicating and collaborating with colleagues throughout SimCorp’s Global Finance organization
- Build a network with local Finance Managers and become a trusted sparring partner with the local finance teams
- Participating in various finance projects and ad hoc tasks.
You will be part of an organization with a roadmap for the coming year that contains multiple interesting transformation projects. You will have the opportunity to participate throughout the execution and be part of the future Finance set-up with interesting career opportunities.
What we value (our requirements)
Ideally, you have a solid financial background, a master degree (i.e. Cand. merc. Aud. or equivalent) and you could have worked as an auditor in an international audit firm. It is an advantage if you have experience from a financial controller position in an international company reporting after IFRS. Moreover we expect you to:
- Be eager to work with monthly, quarterly and annual closings and financial reporting in an international company
- Have experience with financial controlling of subsidiaries and Group Consolidation
- Have solid IFRS knowledge and be familiar with Annual Reporting after IFRS
- Thrive in a busy environment with focus on meeting deadlines
- Be able to work with both new and old ERP and reporting systems and to be an experienced user of Excel
- Experience with Workday, Adaptive Planning is an advantage, but not a requirement
- Be fluent in English
On a personal level, you can keep a sense of perspective, have a positive mindset and are familiar with solving both complex issues and daily “hands-on” tasks with high quality. You like to work in a structured and independent manner with attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness. In addition, you are service minded and team-oriented and both engaged and persistent.
Quarterly and yearly financial reporting are peak times for us, and some overtime must be expected. Work life balance is important, and we offer flexibility in terms of reconciling work and private life. It is also possible to work partly from home.
Please send us your application in English via our career site as soon as possible, we process incoming applications continually. To make sure you receive our emails please check your junk/spam folder and add SimCorp to the safe list of your e-mail contacts.
Please note: Only applications sent through our system will be processed.
For any questions you are welcome to contact Alina Wiejak, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner, at email@example.com.