The Senior Financial Data Operator is responsible to execute the collection, composition, control and distribution of market and master data for financial instruments (Equities, Funds, Fixed Income, ABTS/MBS, OTS Derivatives, etc.) for various SimCorp clients and in accordance of the effective SLA agreements.
Furthermore, this role is responsible to answer client questions and conduct all necessary data analyses of financial instruments data to resolve service delivery incidents to continue service delivery.
The role is also responsible to adhere to all relevant operational risk as well as data governance and quality frameworks.
Eventually, this role also requires demonstrating very client-focused mindset, substantial know-how of financial instruments (such as Equities, Fixed Income, ABS/MBS, etc.) and provide coaching to other members.
Reports to: Financial Data Operations Manager
- Executes all daily service deliverables in terms of collecting, composing, controlling and distributing financial instrument data according to effective client SLAs
- Execution of all quality checks part of the service scope and strict adherence to existing runbook(s) as well as data quality and governance frameworks and conduct first data analysis in case of unexpected data behaviour
- Resolve all data questions, service requests and requested audit support raised by clients in a timely and professional manner to ensure customer satisfaction and SLA compliance
- Perform all necessary tasks to comply existing operational risk frameworks (e.g. Sarbanes–Oxley Act (SOX), Risk and Control Engine (RACE) etc.)
- Proactively support and contribute to continuous improvement of operational processes (with predominant focus on manual processes and/or high-risk areas), data quality checks and system functionality
- Work with local/regional clients to identify specific requirements, special data treatment or any other client demands which need to be delivered as part of the service scope
- Perform continuous know-how exchange between the different Data Operations teams in terms of processes, incidents, documentation or other open topics to avoid know-how silos/gaps and assure service level consistency
- Monitor and report any kind of issues along the data supply chain including but not limited to interface issues, missing data files or interrupted business processes and trigger the necessary resolution processes to ensure service delivery continuation
- Maintain documentation in terms of business processes, functional descriptions, operational runbooks or other manuals to ensure information transparency and enable know-how transfers
Education / Experience:
- MUST HAVE: Experience with data vendor feeds (Bloomberg, IDC, Reuters, etc.) and display products, 5-7 years
- MUST HAVE: Deep knowledge of traditional and non-traditional financial instruments and markets including structured securities, especially complex instruments like ABS/MBS, index linked bonds, and syndicated loans.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in finance or engineering
- Solving master and reference data issues based on exception handling, 4-5 years
- Applying operational data management and data governance, 2-3 years
- Process design and engineering experience, 1-2 years
- Process Management Experience, 1-2 years
- Requirements engineering and data modelling experience, 1-2 years
- Experience with EDM platforms, 4-5 years
- Experience with service request systems or any other similar ticketing tool, like HPALM, Service Now, etc., 4-5 years