Are you enthusiastic about working in global finance in a company listed on the Copenhagen stock exchange (C25)? Do you find motivation in applying your financial controlling competencies and skills towards ensuring solid financial controlling and the creation of high-quality financial reporting? Then join our Group Financial Controlling & Reporting team!
SimCorp is a leading provider of investment management software solutions and services for the global buy-side financial industry. The Financial Controlling & Reporting function is part of Group Accounting and Financial Reporting; Together, we are responsible for accounting, financial controlling, consolidation, tax and transfer pricing, and external reporting. Group Accounting and Financial Reporting is comprised of 20 employees at HQ (Denmark) and is part of the larger Global Finance organization with around 100 employees. You will be reporting to the Head of Financial Controlling & Reporting.
You will be allocated a number of SimCorp subsidiaries as your area of responsibility. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Ensuring financial reporting in accordance with group principles and in compliance with IFRS, Danish accounting requirements and other accounting matters
- Participating in financial month-end closing preparing consolidated accounts and Group Annual Report and being responsible for key areas of accounting
- Supporting the Group audit including providing documentation for the audit
- Taking part in maintaining the group's accounting policies and guidelines as well as supporting implementing new IFRS standards
- Ensuring good internal controls in global financial processes and optimizations using analyses and systems
- Being part of converting financial data into consolidated Profit and Loss statements, Balance Sheets, Cash flow statements and disclosures
- Communicating and collaborating with colleagues throughout SimCorp’s Global Finance organization
- Participating in various finance projects including helping with the development of the future reporting set-up and controlling set-up in our new ERP systems, Workday and Adaptive Insight, that we are in the middle of rolling out
You will be part of an organization with a roadmap for the coming year that contains multiple interesting transformation projects. You will have the opportunity to participate throughout the execution and be part of the future Finance set-up with interesting career opportunities.
Ideally, you have a solid financial background, a master degree (i.e. Cand. merc. Aud. or equivalent) and you could have worked as an auditor in an international audit firm. It is an advantage if you have experience from a financial controller position in an international company reporting after IFRS. Moreover we expect you to:
- Be eager to work with monthly, quarterly and annual closings and financial reporting in an international company
- Have experience with financial controlling of subsidiaries and Group Consolidation
- Have solid IFRS knowledge and be familiar with Annual Reporting after IFRS
- Thrive in a busy environment with focus on meeting deadlines
- Be able to work with both new and old ERP and reporting systems and to be an experienced user of Excel
- Experience with Workday, Adaptive Insight and/or MPC is an advantage, but not a requirement
- Be fluent in English
On a personal level, you can keep a sense of perspective, have a positive mindset and are familiar with solving both complex issues and daily “hands-on” tasks with high quality. You like to work in a structured and independent manner with attention to detail, accuracy, and thoroughness. In addition, you are service minded and team-oriented and both engaged and persistent.
Quarterly and yearly financial reporting are peak times for us, and some overtime must be expected. Work life balance is important, and we offer flexibility in terms of reconciling work and private life. It is also possible to work partly from home.
A challenging and exciting position in an international company providing a stimulating professional environment. SimCorp is a dynamic workplace with an informal and direct way of co-operation and good development possibilities, professionally as well as personally. We recognize and value the uniqueness of every individual and continuously invest in our employees.
We take pride in contributing to the growth of SimCorp with high quality work, we are having fun while working and we have a pleasant working environment with an informal atmosphere. We also offer numerous social activities after working hours.
SimCorp is a leading provider of investment management solutions to the world’s largest asset managers, fund managers, asset servicers, pension and insurance funds, wealth managers, banks and sovereign wealth funds. Here, you will get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues. We are more than 1.900 employees from 50+ nationalities dedicated to supporting our 200+ clients across the globe.
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, together we are building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering many challenging and interesting opportunities. Visit our career pages to learn why other people choose to work at SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career
Please send us your application via our career site as soon as possible, we will process incoming applications continually. Please note that we cannot accept applications received by email. For any questions you are welcome to contact Rita Jeziorowski, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner on email@example.com.