SimCorp is a leading global provider of software for the financial industry and employs over 1,600 people.
The publicly listed company is headquartered in Copenhagen and has subsidiaries in Europe, Asia, Australia and the US. Our products are market-leading and are used by more than 200 customers worldwide to manage their assets.
The Senior Manager Accounting & Compliance South Western Europe is a key role within SimCorp’s EMEA operations and has full accounting ownership of 5 legal entities and underlying branches within the region eg. France, Iberia, Luxembourg, Belgium, and the Netherlands.
We are in a period of rapid growth where the increasing complexity and size of our sales, across international borders, requires a keen eye for detail, ability to meet tight deadlines and strong relevant experience of local taxes and compliance.
In return, you will enjoy the satisfaction of partnering a successful, industry leading management team in a company that values its employees and encourages development.
You will lead a team in Brussels and France who are all dedicated, committed and enjoy their work.
• Ownership of all accounting and reporting activities in local GAAP as well as IFRS, including payroll for the 5 units
• Year-end statutory accounting and tax
• Monthly and quarterly reporting to group finance, including quarterly tax reporting
• Oversight of bookkeeping and reconciliation of the accounts
• Transfer pricing
• Responsibility for administration and preparation of financial statements
• Lead contact with clients on accountancy matters and liaising with third parties
• Lead the continuous improvement of the finance department
• Manage and mentor the local Finance Team (with full line-management responsibility): 2 FTE’s in FR and 3FTE’s in BE.
• Proven accounting experience in a leadership role with a similar level of responsibility. Ideally from a consultancy/software company/professional services organization.
• Strong IFRS knowledge
• Prepare local reporting and taxes
• Support locals tax audits
• Team management/leadership experience valued highly
• Ability to work under pressure and work to tight deadlines, while maintaining close attention to detail
• Constant focus on quality and client service
• Excellent team player, ability to fit into the Finance team as well as the wider company
• Good communication skills (FR, NL and ENG)
• University degree in accounting, finance or equivalent will be nice to have but not mandatory
• Experience with accounting systems, ideally Workday
What makes working at SimCorp so special?
At SimCorp we sincerely believe our employees are our greatest asset – and we treat them accordingly. As a SimCorper you can work with highly skilled and supportive colleagues from more than 52 nationalities across 20+ international offices. You will experience an organization that welcomes people of all views and backgrounds and provides countless ways to grow and develop. You will share our pursuit for innovation and knowledge, and your contributions will help shape the future of financial technology. What better place to build a rewarding career?
SimCorp is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration.
Are you interested?
Please send us your application in English via our career site as soon as possible, we process incoming applications continually. To make sure you receive our emails please check your junk/spam folder and add SimCorp to the safe list of your e-mail contacts.
Please note: Only applications sent through our system will be processed.