You might not have 10 years of experience building cloud networks. But you know networks, and you might have played around in Azure, and have an interest in learning more about cloud. If so, this is the job for you!
Group IT totals 50 employees and is primarily responsible for developing and maintaining SimCorp's internal systems environment and applications.
Simcorp is in the process of moving our IT services to the cloud, primarily Microsoft Azure, but also using other Cloud based services like Oracle Cloud, Salesforce, Office365 and others. We are also using Cloud services for network management like Cisco Meraki, and other Cloud based management solutions.
As a Network Specialist you will take a key role in designing, implementing, optimizing and maintaining the future infrastructure for the SimCorp Offices around the world, and our Cloud based solutions.,
You and the rest of the team will aim at providing first-class services to your colleagues in SimCorp. Around 500 of our colleagues are in SimCorp's HQ in Denmark, with another 1.500 working at one of SimCorp's subsidiaries across Europe, North America, and Asia-Pacific.
Your primary location will be Toronto, but there will be some travel activities, visiting the offices around the world, normally related to office move or expansion and to visit the HQ in Copenhagen, Denmark
The Network Specialist is a newly created position, is placed in IT Operations Department, which is responsible for designing, installing, optimizing, and maintaining the SimCorp network Infrastructure. The position is placed in our Toronto office to cater for North American time-zone in our global operation.
Key responsibilities will comprise the following main tasks:
- Take part in designing a new infrastructure for SimCorp’s offices globally
- Participate in support of current network solutions, based on Palo Alto Networks firewalls, Cisco Switches and Cisco Meraki Wireless, switches and gateways
- Manage the network infrastructure in SimCorp’s world-wide offices
- Participate in infrastructure projects related to network and security
- Administer and continually optimize the cloud platform
- Continually increase automation, providing users easy-to-use 24/7 self service solutions
We imagine that you:
- are service-minded
- are structured and systematic
- are focused on delivering the right quality
- have an interest in exploring new technical areas
- wish to join our team in designing and implementing our new cloud solutions
- can dig deep to solve a conundrum when needed
- like to work in a team of experienced techies, and prefers knowledge to be shared
- are a self-starter
- are flexible, loyal, and value integrity
- have a good sense of humor
The optimal candidate:
- have a broad knowledge of and solid experience within designing, deploying and configuring LAN and WLAN solutions, preferably from Cisco and Cisco Meraki;
- have experience in managing and maintaining modern firewall solutions, preferably from Palo Alto Networks
- have an interest, or preferably experience with implementing cloud solutions
- basic knowledge of standardization and automation of network infrastructure
- can engage in advisory in building secure, scalable, and reliable network solutions
- is fluent in written and spoken English
SimCorp offers an interesting and challenging position in an international, dynamic, and professional organization. You will be working in an organization that offers flexibility in planning your daily work.
In Group IT, you and your colleagues will constantly be developing new skills to keep up with new technical opportunities, presently specifically within the fields of automation, robotics and cloud services. We focus on employing and retaining the right employees. Personal and professional development is an important aspect of this.
We have a multitude of social activities and an informal way of communicating, taking charge of our tasks with dedication, team-spirit, and humor.
SimCorp is a leading provider of investment management solutions to the world’s largest asset managers, fund managers, asset servicers, pension and insurance funds, wealth managers, banks and sovereign wealth funds.
Here you will get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues. We are more than 1900 employees from 50+ nationalities dedicated to supporting our 200+ clients across the globe.
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, together we’re building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities.
Visit our career pages to learn why other people choose to work at SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career
If you would like to know more about the job, please apply. You can also contact Kevin Brown (North American Recruitment), email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your application as soon as possible.
Please include CV and motivational letter. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.