At SimCorp, jobs within Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Operations, implement and operate SimCorp Dimension-as-a-service. Activities include implementation, testing, configuration, upgrading and maintenance of SimCorp Dimension.
About the role:
At SimCorp, senior consultants assigned to our Platform-as-a-Service Operations act as a Platform and Infrastructure Sr Specialist. They support both our BAU and On-Boarding clients through incident resolution, configuring requests, and maintenance of all environments.
Our senior consultants are specialist but are also committed to operate different technology stacks - platforms, infrastructures, connectivity, and 3rd party interfaces.
We operate 24x7 and the Senior Consultant are part of our incident rotation supporting our private cloud providers. We partner with IBM Cloud and Microsoft Azure to accelerate business transformation and deliver outstanding client experience.
Objectives of the role:
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Is recognized as a specialist in own area within the organization
- Works independently, with guidance only in unusual and complex situations
- Contributes through technical knowledge and has impact on the results of their function
- Solves difficult and complex challenges based on accurate identification of underlying factors/causes and is aware of the impact of proposed solutions outside their own immediate area
- Can make decisions under conditions of uncertainty
- Often acts as coach or mentor
- Participate in 24x7 follow-the-sun operations and experienced with Service Desk tools.
- Perform incident, problem, change, and release management (ITIL V4)
- Design, develop, implement, and test technical solutions based on business requirements
- Serve as the team’s technical subject matter expert and technical escalation resource
- Identify and assist in developing enhancement opportunities across the enterprise through innovation and automation
- Recommend new procedures to increase efficiency of day-to-day operations
- Maintain communication with Operations Manager, staff, and vendors to ensure adherence to protocol
We are looking for a senior consultant with at least 7+ years of work experience, either in the following areas:
Workload automation expert
- Knowledge of system administration
- Automated and orchestrated processes related to scheduling and batch processing in an error-free manner
- Applied knowledge to set-up monitoring for fault detection
- Coding experience beyond simple scripting
- Proficiency with network infrastructure and routing topology
- Architect, implement, and maintain network solutions that provide core Infrastructure including private cloud and integrate with services and systems running in virtual private and public cloud infrastructure
- Supported networks supporting mission-critical enterprise application
- Certifications in CCIE, CCNP
Covered technology stack:
- Hosting solution: Private and public (i.e., Azure) hosted platforms
- Operating systems – windows servers, Linux, or Unix
- Physical and virtualized infrastructure - VMware NSX edge computing/SDN, firewalls, VPN
- Citrix NetScaler & Storefront, SSO technical solutions, PAM, and security automation tools.
- Job scheduling tools like Active Batch or Control-M
- IBM WebSphere MQ or other 3rd party message-oriented middleware products,
- Secure connectivity to 3rd party data providers – e.g., SWIFT, Bloomberg, Reuters
- GitHub, PowerShell scripting, Ansible and automation.
SimCorp is a leading provider of investment management solutions to the world’s largest asset managers, fund managers, asset servicers, pension and insurance funds, wealth managers, banks and sovereign wealth funds. Here you will get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues. We are more than 1900 employees from 50+ nationalities dedicated to supporting our 200+ clients across the globe.
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, together we are building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities.
Visit our career pages to learn why other people choose to work at SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career
If you would like to know more about the job, please apply. You can also contact Kevin Brown (North American Recruitment), email: email@example.com. Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your application as soon as possible.
Please include CV and motivational letter. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.