The Platform Offer Line at SimCorp is looking for a Senior Product Owner for APIs to help promote, plan, build and deliver modern integration frameworks. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding in “what constitutes a successful API experience” with a knowledge of the investment management industry being an additional benefit.
SimCorp’s Product Development is home to more than 650 skilled and creative technology professionals, organized in more than 75 agile teams. You will enjoy the freedom of our full-scale agile work environment where teams are empowered and involved in development of both the solution and the organization – keeping us innovative and motivated.
The mission of the API product area is to deliver a successful, modern integration experience for Dimension from enhancing the core framework to advising business teams on adoption, distributing knowledge and improving customer adoption.
As a Senior Product Owner, you will jointly develop and execute the strategy of the API area.
- Being recognized as SME in the area of APIs by SimCorp’s clients and internal stakeholders and supporting Pre-Sales, Consulting and Customer Support in your domain
- Own and drive the dialogue with our clients
- Understand user needs through interaction with client end users
- Own (build, refine, maintain, and prioritize) the product backlog in collaboration with System Architects and Offer Manager
- Understand the commercial position of the business and the entire delivery value chain
- Proactively secure alignment of functional dependencies and priorities with Product Owners inside and outside of your own Product Area
- Work closely with the development team to bring the client aspect into the value-creation process
- Own, prioritize and maintain backlogs
- Define user stories, drive refinement, establish acceptance criteria and accept stories
- Facilitate system demos and involve relevant stakeholders – both internal and external
- Apply Agile principles to your work, encourage teams to follow them, leading Agility by example
Your qualifications & experience
- Knowledge on the core elements of what contributes to a successful API offering, including but not limited to:
- Technical frameworks and standards
- Importance of standards across API offering
- Internal developer experience and adoption
- Dissemination of knowledge across internal and external stakeholders
- External developer experience and adoption
- Strategic mindset and strong analytical skills with focus on business outcome and complete offers
- Experience in business and system analysis, stakeholder management, backlog prioritization
- Ability and willingness to encourage and motivate teams and peers, drive improvements across the Product Owners community
- Personal qualities: proactive, fast-learner, high-quality mindset, responsible
- Degree educated – ideally science, technology, engineering, mathematics, finance
- Fluent in English with good facilitation and presentation skills
We treasure technology
As a technology professional in SimCorp's Product Development, you will contribute to developing advanced software to solve and master the realities of the investment industry. Founded in 1971, we are headquartered in Denmark, our business and workforce are global, your career options are international, and our way of working is Scandinavian. Here, you will have more than 2 000 highly skilled colleagues and the freedom, support and encouragement to become the best Product Owner you can be.
You will experience an organization that welcomes people of all views and backgrounds and where difference is valued. You will share our pursuit for innovation and knowledge, and your contributions will help shape the future of financial technology. What better place to build a rewarding career? For more insight please visit our CAREER site.
Are you interested?
If you would like to know more about the job, you are welcome to contact Kateryna Kozak on firstname.lastname@example.org. To secure a fair process for all candidates we can only consider applications sent via our HR system - please click the link below. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.