Who we are:
For over 50 years, we have been working closely together with investment and asset managers to become the world’s leading provider of integrated investment management solutions. We are 2,500+ colleagues with a broad range of nationalities, educations, professional experiences, ages, and backgrounds.
SimCorp is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culture where diverse perspectives and expertise are integrated into our everyday work. We believe in the continual growth and development of our employees, so that we can provide best-in-class solutions to our customers. While aiming to deliver customer value, we believe it is vital to consider our people and our planet in every business decision we make. Acting responsibly is not optional. It is essential.
About the team:
This is an exciting role in our onboarding scrum team which is part of the larger global onboarding structure. The role will provide an opportunity to work with Microsoft Azure cloud technologies in a team that adopts DevOps methodologies at an ambitious and growing company.
Why this role is important to us:
Our Senior Site Reliability Engineers will provide a stable infrastructure platform throughout our clients initial onboarding journey with SimCorp -whether that will be a greenfield project, or a migration of an existing client to our Azure cloud. The SRE will be responsible for aligning client requirements to standard features as well as deploying those features using automated technologies. Our SREs are at the forefront of delivering technology-enabled services to our clients in a fast-paced, evolving team.
What you will be responsible for:
As our Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Manage and troubleshoot pipelines for client onboarding within the Azure platform.
- Understand Platform-As-A-Service (PaaS) platform and align client requirements to existing features.
- Identify, define and scope new features when necessary.
- Schedule batch jobs based on input from clients using an enterprise scheduler.
- Collaborate with clients to optimize scheduled jobs to be event driven using an enterprise scheduler.
- Participate in problem management for Azure technology platform.
- Provide weekend support as needed to ensure platform availability.
- Lead design workshops with clients, vendors and other key stakeholders, both onsite and virtually.
- Mentor junior colleagues to foster knowledge sharing and team development.
- Work effectively within an Agile team to deliver complex onboarding programs in a sprint-based approach.
- Perform configuration Management and Disaster Recovery tasks on a new environment.
What we value
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. A Master's degree is considered a plus.
- 3 years of operational experience with troubleshooting mission-critical software systems.
- Hands-on experience with Public Cloud environments, primarily Azure, AWS Exposure is helpful. Certification is a plus.
- Solid understanding/experience of networking, virtualization, storage, secrets management, messaging and serverless computing.
- Experience with Linux and Windows systems, ideally with experience in systems administration.
- Experience Using Command line (CLI) style interfaces.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Comfort and resilience working in a dynamic environment that can be stressful at times.
- Willingness and ability to learn new technology and tools.
- Comfortable working with infrastructure as code.
- Proficiency in Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools like Terraform, Ansible and ARM.
- Knowledge of Version Control tool such as Github.
- Experience/Understanding of containerization technologies (Kubernetes, Docker).
- Strong knowledge of monitoring and logging tools (Azure Monitor, Log Analytics, Application Insights, Grafana).
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and Azure DevOps for deployment automation, especially Jenkins.
An attractive salary, bonus scheme and pension are essential for any work agreement. However, in SimCorp, we believe we can offer more. Therefore, in addition to the traditional benefit scheme, we provide a good work and life balance and opportunities for professional development: there is never just only one route - we offer an individual approach to professional development to support the direction you want to take.
Visit our career pages to learn more about working at SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career
Please click on the link below to apply.
Please note only applications sent through our system will be processed.
Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your CV in English as soon as possible. If you are interested in being a part of SimCorp but are not sure this role is the right fit, submit your CV anyway. SimCorp is on an exciting growth journey, and our Talent Acquisition Team is ready to help you discover the right role for you.