At SimCorp, jobs within Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Operations, implement and operate SimCorp Dimension as a service. Activities include implementation, testing, configuration, upgrading and maintenance of SimCorp Dimension. They also include delivery management, as well as the development and implementation of standards, targets, and customer feedback principles.
About the role:
At SimCorp, senior consultants assigned to our Platform-as-a-Service Operations act as a Platform and Infrastructure Sr Specialist. They support both our BAU and On-Boarding clients through incident resolution, configuring requests, and maintenance of all environments. Our consultants are specialist but are also committed to operate different technology stacks and tools - platforms, infrastructures, connectivity, and 3rd party interfaces (e.g., MQ, SWIFT, etc) connected to SimCorp Dimension applications. Responding to generated alerts initiated by our monitoring systems. Proactively assist and inform client regarding events and status of our cloud-based 24x7 operation. We partner with IBM Cloud and Microsoft Azure to accelerate business transformation and deliver outstanding client experience.
As a Sr. Service Delivery Consultant:
Administration, maintenance, and management of deployed platforms/infrastructures.
- Ensure that underlying technology platform and environment running SimCorp Dimension and other core solutions are configured, properly implemented, operated, and maintained.
- Perform either application version upgrade or operating system upgrades for Dimension, servers (application, NAS, file servers, Citrix, etc.).
- Implement new functional capabilities and patching of SimCorp Dimension following standard release cycles.
- Optimize service platform models, capacity sizing, and tuning.
- Ensure access rights are granted to authorized service users, verify permission requests, and manage active directory groups.
- Set-up and configure batch framework. Code script dependencies and constraints to ensure that the automated jobs are completed as scheduled.
- Proactively action system alerts triggered by set operational events. Be able to access and follow logs recorded by reporting and monitoring tools.
- Experienced with version controls and resolve gaps between as-is versus expected standard/state-of-art configuration.
- Maturity to identify improvement areas, reduce operational incidents, optimize resources, and simplify operations through automation.
- Manage hosting and other 3rd party providers.
Being in PaaS, we value those who have experience with or knowledge of any of the following areas:
- Azure and private cloud computing providers
- Operating systems – windows servers, Linux, or Unix
- Physical and virtualized server management. VMware NSX edge computing/SDN, firewalls, VPN, and VLAN
- Citrix NetScaler & Storefront, SSO technical solutions, PAM, and security automation tools.
- Job scheduling tools like Active Batch or Control-M
- IBM WebSphere MQ or other 3rd party message-oriented middleware products, Communication, and SFTP servers
- Building secure connectivity to 3rd party data providers – e.g., SWIFT, Bloomberg, Reuters
- GitHub, PowerShell scripting, Ansible and automation.
As part of the Global Operations responsible for Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Services:
- Communicate updates and progress against assigned cases for both BAU and non-BAU clients.
- Participate in 24x7 follow-the-sun operations.
- Closing incidents generated during NA business hours and/or weekends. Complete and validate scheduled maintenance (upgrades, patches, refreshes).
- Perform incident, problem, change, and release management.
- Experienced with Service Desk tools like Salesforce, JIRA, BMC Remedy, and Service Now.
- Actively seek the support, mentorship, and training from peers and seniors on complex issues.
- Be able to work both independently and collaboratively; with established maturity to escalate situations that require management visibility.
- At least 7 years platform/infrastructure experience being involved as 3rd level escalation
- System administrator and strong technical operational experience of one of the following areas
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktop; Citrix Workspace OR
- Job scheduling – ActiveBatch or Control-M, OR
- Networking (LAN/WAN/VPN) and 3rd party interfaces
- ITIL V3/V4 practitioner. Understand support tiers, SLAs, and OLAs and be quick to escalate complex issues to senior members.
- Flexible to provide after-hours support either on weekdays or weekends.
- Effective communicator and excited to contribute with knowledge generation.
- Experience or knowledge of SimCorp Dimension.
- IT-based education (Bachelor or higher).
SimCorp is a leading provider of investment management solutions to the world’s largest asset managers, fund managers, asset servicers, pension and insurance funds, wealth managers, banks and sovereign wealth funds. Here you will get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues. We are more than 1900 employees from 50+ nationalities dedicated to supporting our 200+ clients across the globe.
We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view, together we are building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities.
Visit our career pages to learn why other people choose to work at SimCorp: www.simcorp.com/career
If you would like to know more about the job, please apply. You can also contact Kevin Brown (North American Recruitment), email: email@example.com. Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your application as soon as possible.
Please include CV and motivational letter. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.