Are you up for a great challenge? Are you a developer by heart? Then come and join the ABOR (Accounting Book of Record) Agile Release Train to help more than 90 colleagues in enhancing and supporting core Back office areas of our product, SimCorp Dimension. As a trusted strategic partner for many of the world’s leading Investment Managers, SimCorp are constantly implementing functionality to support regulatory requirements such as US-GAAP, IFRS, and other regional GAAP and tax regimes.
ABOR train is a part of Product division, which is a full-scale agile organization following SAFe. You will be a member of a self-organized team consisting of developers, testers and business experts in Kyiv, Ukraine. The team is responsible for delivering functionality within the ABOR area. The respective code is based mainly on APL. You will be involved in all stages of the development process following SCRUM framework, including:
- Develop software (write code) based on code writing standards and practices
- Initiate process improvements and drive changes
- Take accountability and responsibility for full life cycle of product features (from design, sizing, implementation, testing, delivery to monitoring and deprecation when needed)
- Evaluate changes requested for implementation in the product
- Be responsible for professional growth of your teammates
- Slice requested changes as logical units of work (Stories, Tasks)
- Test and ensure that code changes adhere to the acceptance criteria
- Propagate quality culture among teams
Our technology stack:
- Functional programming language APL (https://www.dyalog.com/)
- C# for desktop applications
- Relational DB experience, SQL
You will get a diverse working day, participating in all stages of the development lifecycle, including grooming of user stories, sketching technical solutions, coding, doing code reviews, writing unit tests and supporting our clients. Hence you will interact with testers, system architect, product owners and other teams to ensure the delivery of solid solutions. You also expect to collaborate with colleagues from Copenhagen (Denmark), Milan (Italy) and Bad Homburg (Germany) through communities of practice.
- For you to succeed in this role, you preferably possess the following professional skills:
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Programming experience in some modern programming language (C# would be a plus)
- Understanding of software development principles such as: SOLID, DRY, YAGNI
- Experience with building C# desktop and/or web backend applications would be a plus
- Experience in financial domain would be a plus
- Good understanding of XP practices and agile SDLC processes
- Practical knowledge of Unit test, code coverage and Test Driven Development for delivering high quality software
- Be able to work independently as well as a part of a geographically distributed team
- Have good English communication skills (intermediate and upper), written as well as spoken, as English is our corporate language
- Value a constant further development of your qualifications within software development
Why join SimCorp?
At SimCorp we sincerely believe our employees are our greatest asset – and we treat them accordingly. As a SimCorp'er you can work with highly-skilled and supportive colleagues from more than 52 nationalities across 20+ international offices. You will experience an organization that welcomes people of all views and backgrounds, and provides countless ways to grow and develop. You will share our pursuit for innovation and knowledge, and your contributions will help shape the future of financial technology. What better place to build a rewarding career?