We are continuously looking for full-stack developers – experienced as well as rising stars - within modern software engineering. Would you like to work with a complex product and a broad technology stack in an inspiring agile culture? We would love to hear from you!
SimCorp provides first class IT solutions for worldwide leading investment management companies. More than 200 customers all over the world use the market leading front-to-back system, SimCorp Dimension®, to manage their assets.
Our Product Division is a full-scale agile organization following SAFe®. The position is within our Accounting & Operations Offer Line, who is responsible for delivering on the outcome based roadmap in the area of Accounting, Regulatory Reporting and Post Trade in SimCorp Dimension®. The offer line consists of 16 scrum teams working across 4 different locations with a strong focus on being in the forefront of agile ways of working, empowerment of teams and involving everybody in the development of both the solution and the organization.
As a (Senior) Software Engineer you will become part of one of our scrum teams in Bad Homburg, Germany. You will join a dynamic working culture based on empowerment and trust and where it is imperative to be a great team player. And you will start with our unique introduction program.
Your working day at SimCorp will be full of variety: You will apply your talent to all stages of the development lifecycle, including creation and review of user stories, development, design, testing, coding, code reviews, writing unit tests and support. Your responsibilities will also include:
- Developing new core functionality to support the business modules and continuous improvements to the existing code base
- Working with internal stakeholders to refine new features in the product
- Working as part of your scrum team to reach the definition of done within each sprint
- Constantly learn and improve yourself, the team and our product incl. experimenting with modern engineering practices such as test driven development, SpecFlow and Mob programming
- Being part of the 3-Tier cloud lift and shift of SimCorp Dimension® over the coming years
You are passionate about developing software – and yourself
You are curious and ready to work for a global software solutions provider where we are as eager to develop your talent as you are. You constantly learn, from specific business expertise to new trends and technologies. For you to thrive and succeed in this role, you preferably possess the following skills:
- Programming experience in object-oriented languages, preferably in C# using .NET framework and curiosity to learn more programming languages such as APL (Softwareentwicklung)
- Ability to work with and develop complex architecture front and back end
- A master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or similar
- Understanding of the Lean Agile practices, values and principles is a plus
- A high sense of quality, ability to work to deadlines, attention to detail and taking ownership of delivering a sound solution
- Flexible to work in a fast-paced environment and with changing priorities
- A desire to constantly deliver value to the clients, to improve yourself and the team
- Good communication skills and fluency in English (spoken and written)
Some of the benefits that we offer
- SimCorp share program
- Flexibility for home office work incl. ergonomic desk and chair
- Sabbatical program
- Company bike leasing (Dienstrad)
- Beverages/fruit for free and great, inexpensive canteen food
We treasure technology
As a technology professional in SimCorp's Product Division, you will be developing advanced software to solve and master the realities of the investment industry. Founded in 1971, we are headquartered in Denmark, our business and workforce are global, your career options are international, and our way of working is Scandinavian. Here, you will have more than 1.900 highly skilled colleagues and the freedom, support and encouragement to become the best Software Engineer you can be.
You will experience an organization that welcomes people of all views and backgrounds and where difference is valued. You will share our pursuit for innovation and knowledge, and your contributions will help shape the future of financial technology. What better place to build a rewarding career?
Are you interested?
If you would like to know more about the job, you are welcome to contact Rita Jeziorowski on email@example.com. To secure a fair process for all candidates we cannot consider applications received by email. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.