In SimCorp we are looking for software engineers with experience in the investment management industry. Would you like to work with a complex product and a broad technology stack in an inspiring agile culture? We would love to hear from you!
SimCorp provides first class IT solutions for the world’s leading financial institutions and equity funds. More than 200 customers world-wide use our front-to-back investment management software system, SimCorp Dimension, to manage their assets. We continuously enhance SimCorp Dimension to remain at the forefront of industry technology and trends.
SimCorp’s Product Development is home to more than 650 skilled and creative technology professionals, organized in more than 75 agile teams. You will enjoy the freedom of our full-scale agile work environment following SAFe® where teams are empowered and involved in development of both the solution and the organization – keeping us innovative and motivated.
The mission of your team is to develop and improve generic toolboxes for customizing SimCorp Dimension connectivity workflows and to develop interfaces to external vendors such as Bloomberg or SWIFT.
As a Senior Software Engineer we trust you to:
- Develop and maintain connectivity/ETL toolboxes and solutions to automate workflows and integrate with the outside world
- Use a variety of APIs and data formats to interface with several vendors
- Further enhance our connectivity toolbox as the total SimCorp product line moves towards Microsoft Azure and the cloud
- Work as part of your scrum team to understand requirements, build design and do implementation including tests
- Collaborate with Product Management, vendors and clients to refine new features
- Engage in testing, build, extend and maintain test suites and assess testability of the team’s solutions
You are passionate about developing software – and yourself
You are curious and ready to work for a global software solutions provider where we are as eager to develop your talent as you are. Encouraged by your Development Manager, you constantly learn, from specific business domain expertise to new trends and technologies. For you to thrive and succeed in this role, you preferably possess the following skills:
- Work experience in the investment management industry with good knowledge of the common business processes, ideally in the connectivity area
- SimCorp Dimension experience would be a plus
- Knowledge about or curiosity to learn and work with programming languages such as APL, C#, PL/SQL, XSLT
- Experience as a Quality Assurance Analyst would be a plus
- Master’s degree/PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or similar
- Very good analytical skills
- A natural fascination with complex technologies and connectivity between systems
- A high sense of quality, ability to work to deadlines, attention to detail and taking ownership of delivering sound solutions
- Flexible to work in a fast-paced environment and with changing priorities
- A desire to constantly deliver value to the clients, to improve yourself and the team
- Understanding of the Lean Agile practices, values and principles and Test Driven Development would be a plus
- Good communication skills and fluency in English (spoken and written)
We expect you to take an interest in learning in the fields relevant for the position. We will bring you up to speed using technical and domain discussions, training, and a comprehensive onboarding program.
We treasure technology
As a technology professional in SimCorp's Product Development, you will contribute to develop advanced software to solve and master the realities of the investment industry. Founded in 1971, we are headquartered in Denmark, our business and workforce are global, your career options are international, and our way of working is Scandinavian. Here, you will have more than 1.900 highly skilled colleagues and the freedom, support and encouragement to become the best Software Engineer you can be.
You will experience an organization that welcomes people of all views and backgrounds and where difference is valued. You will share our pursuit for innovation and knowledge, and your contributions will help shape the future of financial technology. What better place to build a rewarding career?
Application and next steps
To secure a fair process for all candidates we only consider applications sent via our HR system. Start the application process by clicking the link below. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis. If you would like to know more about the job, you are welcome to contact Senior Talent Acquisition Partner Rita Jeziorowski on email@example.com.