Oracle PL/SQL Senior Software Engineer for Reducing Cloud Storage Costs
WHO WE ARE
For over 50 years, SimCorp has worked closely with investment and asset managers to become the world’s leading provider of integrated investment management solutions. We are 2,100+ colleagues with a diverse range of nationalities, educations, professional experiences, ages, and backgrounds.
We opened an office in Noida 3 years ago and we are expanding to have more software development teams.
The SimCorp Dimension product was originally designed for running on-premises with clients, utilizing hardware resources being available 24/7. As we are moving our business model towards being a SaaS provider and based on Microsoft Azure, we need to re-implement our core platform to be efficient on dynamic Azure infrastructure and with a relentless focus on the cost of compute.
In this role, you will be part of a team responsible for identifying existing problems, solution options and drive the implementation and deployment, in systems that are mission critical for our customers.
The team is new, and you will be able to affect how the team is going to work. You will work closely with our teams within the Deployment area in other regions.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Together with the team, develop new core functionality for our product in Microsoft Azure
- You will be the team’s expert in PL/SQL and work on our core platform to make more efficient use of Microsoft Azure’s resources. You will have great support from our Danish team having PL/SQL expert knowledge
- You will work in a team that takes end-to-end responsibility for its systems, from development, automated testing, deployment automation, as well as instrumentation.
- Together with the team drive architectural design decisions including non-functional requirements and future maintainability
- Ensure technical integrity and maintain high coding standards with the team
- Constantly learn and improve yourself, the team and our product for example experimenting with modern engineering practices such as test-driven development and Mob programming
WHAT WE VALUE
- More than 5 years of experience working in software engineering – preferably server side
- Expert Oracle PL/SQL level
- Good knowledge of C# and understanding of what good code means
- Data-driven decision making
- Risk-based approach to making changes in mission critical systems
- Experience working on a distributed system, for example, microservices
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure in production environments
- Experience with working in an agile way and a continuous improvement mindset
- You have a degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science or similar
- Experience working in an international setting with people from many different cultures
- Positive and constructive approach, you bring a smile and positive vibes
- You care about your team, and care about having an enjoyable working environment
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English (speaking and writing)
Please send us your application in English via our career site as soon as possible, we process incoming applications continually. To make sure you receive our emails please check your junk/spam folder and add SimCorp to your allowed list of email contacts.
Please note: Only applications sent through our system will be processed.
For any questions you are welcome to contact the hiring manager, Hans.