Azure Cloud Dev Ops Engineer in SimCorp, Platform Technology
Are you a passionate developer with an agile mindset? And would you like to be part of a strategically important product area in one of the world’s leading software providers within the Fintech industry? Then you should join SimCorp as Azure Cloud DevOps Engineer!
WHO WE ARE?
For over 50 years, we have worked closely with large and global investment and asset managers to become the world’s leading provider of integrated investment management solutions. We are 2,500+ colleagues with a broad range of nationalities, educations, professional experiences, ages, and backgrounds in general.
SimCorp is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culture where diverse perspectives and expertise are integrated in our everyday work. We believe in the continual growth and development of our employees, so that we can provide best-in-class solutions to our clients. While striving to deliver client value, we believe it is vital to consider our people and our planet in every business decision we make. Acting responsibly is not optional. It is essential.
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT TO US
Agile ways of working are key for SimCorp’s success, and in the Deployment product area (department) we are building up a scrum team that needs a Senior Software Engineer who can be an essential part of the team. The Deployment area is a strategically important area that aims to develop new and modern Deployment pipelines, making the team critical not only to the Deployment area but for SimCorp as a whole.
The team will mainly consist of team members on-site in Noida, and as Azure DevOps Engineer you will therefore work closely together with other team members both on-site in Noida, as well as with team members from other locations (in Europe). Your job will be to contribute with your Azure knowledge and skills to ensure high quality in the backend frameworks and pipeline parts of our solutions.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- In collaboration with your team taking ownership of the design, development, maintenance, testing strategy, build- and deployment pipelines of Azure hosted services.
- Building solid and efficient pipelines for deployment automation of a large, mission critical system, to enable DevOps practices for development teams.
- Tightly collaborating with the framework Tech Lead(s), System Architect(s), as well as SimCorp Dimension developers outside the team to address architectural issues to improve the ability to automate deployment and common operations tasks.
- Supporting the development teams in adopting DevOps practices in their daily development tasks, i.e. through frequent deployment, feature flags to manage experiments, and learning from telemetry.
- Suggest and implement best engineering practices in the team
- Engage actively in design sessions to ensure your team delivers high-quality work
- Working on a complex problem on your own or in collaboration with other, and sharing the learnings with the entire team
- A total of 5-8 years solid understanding of and experience with the .NET platform.
- Experience in using and building good APIs (OWASP, OpenAPI)
- You also have experience writing automated tests for quality gates – ideally with a TDD approach
- 3 years of relevant experience as a cloud engineer with Azure Cloud (need more of a cloud engineer experience)
- 2-3 years of relevant experience with designing the Azure Cloud solutions and development.
- Extensive knowledge of Azure Services and models including Storage, Compute, Function Apps, Networking, Cloud Databases, Logic Apps, Azure DevOps, Azure AD, Azure Monitor, App Insight, AKS, IAM/RBAC, networking, infrastructure security, firewalls, etc.
- Working knowledge of CI/CD systems like Azure DevOps and other DevOps tools, and common technologies and techniques, such as PowerShell, ARM, Kubernetes, Helm or Terraform.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and responsiveness to problem-solving that prioritizes the customer experience first
- On top of the technical skills, you bring a can-do attitude with a positive and constructive approach to managing and solving challenges
- You always leave the code in a better shape than you found it in
- You thrive in projects where the boundaries, scope, and goals are adjusted as we go and keep a constant eye out for better ways of working and new ideas to maximize business impact
- You have excellent English skills in both writing and speaking
- Financial / Fintech background is a plus
Benefits Competitive salary, bonus scheme, and pension are essential for any work agreement. However, at SimCorp, we believe we can offer more. Therefore, in addition to the traditional benefit scheme, we provide an excellent work & life balance: flexible work hours, and a hybrid workplace model. On top of that, we have IP sprints where you have time you can spend on mastering your skills as well as contributing to the company’s development. There is never just only one route - we practice an individual approach to professional development to support the direction you want to take.
Please click below to apply and learn more about the vacancy and what SimCorp has to offer regarding salary, benefits, and perks. Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your CV in English as soon as possible. If you are interested in being a part of SimCorp but are not sure this role is the right fit, submit your CV anyway. SimCorp is on an exciting growth journey, and our Talent Acquisition Team is ready to help you discover the right role for you. The approximate time to consider your CV is three weeks. We are eager to continually improve our talent acquisition process and make everyone’s experience positive and valuable. Therefore, during the process, we will ask you to provide your feedback, which is highly appreciated.