Who we are
For over 50 years, we have worked closely with investment managers to become the world’s leading provider of integrated investment management solutions. We are 2,300+ colleagues with a broad range of nationalities, educations, professional experiences, ages, and backgrounds in general.
SimCorp is an equal opportunity employer. We are enthusiastic about building and supporting a culture where diverse perspectives and expertise are imperative to our everyday work. We believe in the continual growth and development of our employees, so that we can provide best-in-class solutions to our clients.
While striving to deliver client value, we believe it is vital to consider our people and our planet in every business decision we make. Acting responsibly is not optional. It is essential.
Why this role is important to us
In SimCorp, we help some of the biggest financial institutions in the world be successful by simplifying their accounting, operations, and investments. We do this through IT systems, processes, and financial knowledge. High quality, performing, secure, and cost-effective software is at the core of what we do. To build and maintain this software, software engineers are essential to us.
You will be working in Transactions product area that improves and supports the Financial Instrument Transactions in our SimCorp Dimension product, enabling clients to make investment decisions with our back-office applications.
The Transactions product area consists of three teams, each with five to seven software engineers across several geographical locations.
We use a variety of technologies, but the main ones are C#, APL. You will be working with backend and APIs. The present and near future main topics are good maintainability, high system performance, continuous integration and delivery, and moving unto our unified platform for cloud.
You will apply your talents to all development lifecycle stages, including creating and reviewing user stories, development, design, testing, coding, code reviews, writing automated tests, and support. The ideal candidate should have APL (A Programming Language) and C# expertise and be passionate about delivering high-quality, scalable software. You will join the team where a lot of development is done using APL but with the trend of increasing C# usage.
What you will be responsible for
In your daily work together with your team of software engineers you will:
- Work with product management to refine new features, understand and clarify client requirements
- Discuss solutions, design, implement and test core functionality to support the business modules
- Maintain the existing code base
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship and coaching to team members helping to secure the team’s deliveries, as well as quality and adherence to best practices
- Take part in continuous improvements on area, team, and individual level. Your daily work life will thus also include topics such as “how can we reduce our build time,” “how can we re architect this component to perform significantly faster,” and “how can we work together in a more fun and effective way”
- Become a recognized product expert in at least one domain of our product and have the curiosity to develop knowledge in more domains.
What you will bring
Most importantly, you can see yourself contributing and thriving in the position described above. We expect you to be good at several of the following and be able to - and interested in - learning the rest.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Willingness to learn APL and strong proficiency in C#
- Understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture for enterprise systems
- In-depth knowledge of software development methodologies and best practices
- Good knowledge in continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
- Strong collaboration and communication skills and fluency in English (written and spoken)
Furthermore, we value that you
- Are interested in solving technical challenges in complex architecture by building high-quality solution
- Have motivation to work within the financial domain
- Are willing to acquire other technical and programming skills
- Have the desire to develop and maintain automated tests, underlying frameworks, and their integration into CI/CD pipelines
- Actively learn through experimentation when tackling the latest problems, using experiences from both successes and failures
- Can introduce new ways of looking at problems and that you can take creative ideas and put them into practice
- Think about the entire system and can identify and implement ways to continuously improve
- Able to work in a hybrid setup (virtual and physical work environments)
Competitive salary and bonus scheme are essential for any work agreement. However, in SimCorp, we believe we can offer more. Therefore, in addition to the traditional benefit scheme, we provide an excellent work & private life balance: flexible work hours, a hybrid workplace model, and extra days of vacation. We also practice an individual approach to professional development to support the direction you want to take. On top of that, we have IP sprints where you have 2 weeks per quarter you can spend on mastering your skills as well as contributing to the company development. There is never just only one route - we practice an individual approach to professional development to support the direction you want to take
• Private medical care (Medicover)
• Sharing the costs of sports activities (Multisport Card)
• Life insurance
• Possibility to develop your career in an international environment
• Professional training and courses
• Language classes
• Integration events and charity projects
Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your CV in English as soon as possible.
If you are interested in being a part of SimCorp but are not sure this role is the right fit, submit your resume anyway. Since we are growing, there are a lot of Software Engineer – and similar - roles to choose from, and our Talent Acquisition Team is ready to help you discover the right career opportunities for you.
We are eager to make your candidate experience positive and valuable. Therefore, we will ask you to evaluate our process, as your feedback is essential to us.