Who we are
For over 50 years, we have worked closely with investment managers to become the world’s leading provider of integrated investment management solutions. We are 2,300+ colleagues with a broad range of nationalities, educations, professional experiences, ages, and backgrounds in general.
SimCorp is an equal opportunity employer. We are enthusiastic about building and supporting a culture where diverse perspectives and expertise are imperative to our everyday work. We believe in the continual growth and development of our employees, so that we can provide best-in-class solutions to our clients.
While striving to deliver client value, we believe it is vital to consider our people and our planet in every business decision we make. Acting responsibly is not optional. It is essential.
Why this role is important to us
In SimCorp, we help some of the biggest financial institutions in the world be successful by simplifying their accounting, operations, and investments. We do this through IT systems, processes, and financial knowledge. High quality, performing, secure, and cost-effective software is at the core of what we do. To build and maintain this software, software engineers are essential to us.
You will be working in an agile team of about 5-7 people. The team improves and supports the Financial Instrument Transactions in our SimCorp Dimension product. We use a variety of technologies, but the main ones are C#, APL and an Oracle database. You will be working with backend and APIs. The present and near future main topics are good maintainability, high system performance, continuous integration and delivery, and moving unto our unified platform for cloud.
What you will be responsible for
In your daily work you will - together with your team
- Understand and challenge client requirements, discuss solutions, implement and test the chosen solution, and support it.
- Take part in continuous improvements on area, team, and individual level. Your daily work life will thus also include topics such as “how can we reduce our build time,” “how can we re architect this component to perform significantly faster,” and “how can we work together in a more fun and effective way.”
- Mentor, coach, and help colleagues to secure the team’s deliveries as well as quality and product architecture.
- Become a recognized product expert in at least one domain of our product and have the curiosity to develop knowledge in more domains.
What you will bring
Most importantly, you can see yourself contributing and thriving in the position described above. How you gained the skills needed for doing that is less important. We expect you to be good at several of the following and be able to - and interested in - learning the rest.
- C# and/or APL development
- Architecture for enterprise systems
- Testing. E.g., test driven development, test automation and methodologies
- Domain knowledge within finance
- Continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
- Good English skills as it is our corporate language and is used in all communications
What we value
- Solving technical challenges by building high-quality solution
- A work environment with caring, trust, and collaboration
- Enthusiasm to learn and grow fast
Competitive salary and bonus scheme are essential for any work agreement. However, in SimCorp, we believe we can offer more. Therefore, in addition to the traditional benefit scheme, we provide an excellent work & private life balance: flexible work hours, a hybrid workplace model, and extra days of vacation. We also practice an individual approach to professional development to support the direction you want to take. On top of that, we have IP sprints where you have 3 weeks per quarter you can spend on mastering your skills as well as contributing to the company development.
As part of the recruitment process, selected candidates will be asked to complete a coding task. Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your CV in English as soon as possible.
If you are interested in being a part of SimCorp but are not sure this role is the right fit, submit your resume anyway. Since we are growing, there are a lot of Software Engineer – and similar - roles to choose from, and our Talent Acquisition Team is ready to help you discover the right career opportunities for you.
We are eager to make your candidate experience positive and valuable. Therefore, we will ask you to evaluate our process, as your feedback is essential to us.