We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join one of our agile teams in the Accounting & Operations offer line located in the Frankfurt region. Would you like to work with a complex product and a broad technology stack in an inspiring agile culture? Are you passionate about modern Quality Assurance and can help the team improve on test automation?
SimCorp provides first class IT solutions for the leading investment management companies world-wide. More than 200 customers use the market leading front-to-back system, SimCorp Dimension®, to manage their assets.
Our Product Development is a full-scale agile organization following SAFe®. The position is within the Accounting & Operations Offer Line which is responsible for delivering on our outcome based roadmap in the area of Accounting, Regulatory Reporting and Post Trade in SimCorp Dimension®. The offer line consists of 16 scrum teams working across 4 different locations with a strong focus on being in the forefront of agile ways of working, empowerment of teams and involving everybody in the development of both the solution and the organization.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will become part of one of our scrum teams in Bad Homburg. You will join a dynamic working culture based on empowerment and trust and where it is imperative to be a great team player. And you will start with our unique introduction program.
Your working day at SimCorp will be full of variety: You will apply your talent to all stages of the development lifecycle and we count on your proactivity, creativity and great teamwork.
- Analyse requirements in close collaboration with internal stakeholders using your finance knowledge and business experience
- Develop new core functionality together with your team with the focus on designing and executing test cases - with manual testing and using test automation
- Work as part of your scrum team to reach the definition of done within each sprint
- Help driving our initiative to increase lower level test coverage in your area of responsibility
- Automate test suites and write autotests using Gherkin/SpecFlow, C#
- Prepare and conduct demo sessions to present what has been produced
- Constantly learn and improve yourself, the team and our product incl. experimenting with modern engineering practices such as Behavior and Test Driven Development, SpecFlow and Mob programming
- Bei part of the 3-Tier cloud lift and shift of SimCorp Dimension® over the coming years
You are passionate about developing software – and yourself
You are curious and ready to work for a global software solutions provider where we are as eager to develop your talent as you are. You constantly learn, from specific business expertise to new trends and technologies. For you to thrive and succeed in this role, you preferably possess the following skills:
- Experience and solid knowledge in the financial area, ideally in Investment Management
- Ability to work with and develop complex software front and back end
- Experience in Quality Assurance including test automation and BDD/TDD test design
- Experience in or high readiness to learn Gherkin, C# and other languages like APL for writing autotests
- A master's degree in Economics, Finance, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or similar
- Understanding of the Lean Agile practices, values and principles is a plus
- A high sense of quality, ability to work to deadlines, attention to detail and taking ownership of delivering a sound solution
- Flexible to work in a fast-paced environment and with changing priorities
- A desire to constantly deliver value to the clients, to improve yourself and the team
- Good communication skills and fluency in English (spoken and written)
Some of the benefits that we offer
- SimCorp share program
- Flexibility for home office work incl. ergonomic desk and chair
- Sabbatical program
- Company bike leasing (Dienstrad)
- Beverages/fruit for free and great, inexpensive canteen food
We treasure technology
As a technology professional in SimCorp's Product Division, you will be developing advanced software to solve and master the realities of the investment industry. Founded in 1971, we are headquartered in Denmark, our business and workforce are global, your career options are international, and our way of working is Scandinavian. Here, you will have more than 1.900 highly skilled colleagues and the freedom, support and encouragement to become the best Software Engineer you can be.
You will experience an organization that welcomes people of all views and backgrounds and where difference is valued. You will share our pursuit for innovation and knowledge, and your contributions will help shape the future of financial technology. What better place to build a rewarding career?
Please visit our CAREER site to find out more about working in SimCorp and a VIDEO on what it is like to work in our Product Development
Are you interested?
If you would like to know more about the job, you are welcome to contact Rita Jeziorowski on firstname.lastname@example.org. To secure a fair process for all candidates we cannot consider applications received by email. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.