WHO WE ARE
For over 50 years, we have worked closely with investment and asset managers to become the world’s leading provider of integrated investment management solutions. We are 2,100+ colleagues with a broad range of nationalities, educations, professional experiences, ages, and backgrounds in general.
SimCorp is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culture where diverse perspectives and expertise are integrated in our everyday work. We believe in the continual growth and development of our employees, so that we can provide best-in-class solutions to our clients.
While working to deliver client value, we believe it is vital to consider our people and our planet in every business decision we make. Acting responsibly is not optional. It is essential.
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT TO US
In SimCorp, we enable some of the biggest financial institutions in the world be successful by simplifying their accounting, operations, and investments. We do this through IT systems, processes, and financial knowledge. High quality, performing, secure, and cost-effective software is at the core of what we do. To build and maintain this software, software engineers are essential to us.
You will be working in an agile team of about 6 people. The team improves and supports the Portfolio Analysis part of our SimCorp Dimension product. We use a variety of technologies, but the main ones are C# and an Oracle database. The present and near future main topics are good maintainability, high system performance, continuous integration and delivery, and developing a new user interface to provide even better user experience.
WHAT YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
In your daily work you will - together with your team
- Understand client requirements, discuss solutions, implement and test the chosen solutions, and support them
- Ensure continuous improvements on area, team, and individual level. Your daily work life will thus include topics such as finding ways to better incorporate user feedback, rearchitect components to perform significantly faster, and to work together in more fun and effective ways.
- Secure the team’s deliveries as well as quality and sound product architecture.
- Become a recognized product expert in at least one domain of our product and have the curiosity to develop knowledge in more domains.
WHAT WE VALUE
Most importantly, you can see yourself contributing and thriving in the position described above. How you gained the skills needed for doing that is less important. We expect you to be good at several of the following and be able to - and interested in - learning the rest.
- C# and – to a lesser degree - APL development
- An outgoing and proactive work style with a focus on possibilities
- Architecture for enterprise - designing easy to maintain systems
- Testing. E.g., test driven development, test automation and methodologies
- Domain knowledge within finance
- Continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
Good English skills are mandatory as it is our corporate language and is used in all communications.
Attractive salary, bonus scheme, and pension are essential for any work agreement. However, in SimCorp, we believe we can offer more. Therefore, in addition to the traditional benefit scheme, we provide an excellent work & private life balance e.g. through flexible work hours, and a hybrid workplace model. On top of that, we have IP sprints where you have 3 weeks per quarter you can spend on developing your skills as well as contributing to the company development. There is never just only one route - we practice an individual approach to professional development to support the direction you want to take.
Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your CV in English as soon as possible. If you are interested in being a part of SimCorp but are not sure this role is the right fit, submit your CV anyway. SimCorp is on an exciting growth journey, and our Talent Acquisition Team is ready to assist you discover the right role for you. The approximate time to consider your CV is three weeks.
We are eager to continually improve our talent acquisition process and make everyone’s experience positive and valuable. Therefore, during the process we will ask you to provide your feedback, which is highly appreciated.