Who we are
For over 50 years, we have worked closely with investment and asset managers to become the world’s leading provider of integrated investment management solutions. We are 2,100+ colleagues with a broad range of nationalities, educations, professional experiences, ages, and backgrounds in general.
SimCorp is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culture where diverse perspectives and expertise are integrated in our everyday work. We believe in the continual growth and development of our employees, so that we can provide best-in-class solutions to our clients.
While striving to deliver client value, we believe it is vital to consider our people and our planet in every business decision we make. Acting responsibly is not optional. It is essential
Why this role is important to us
As our new Software Engineer, you will join SimCorp’s Product Division, a full-scale agile organization. Here, you will become part of a cross functional and cross located agile team that is responsible for implementation and support of OTC instruments in our product, SimCorp Dimension. You will apply your talents to all stages of the development lifecycle, including creation and review of user stories, development, design, testing, coding, code reviews, writing automated tests, and support.
What you will be responsible for
You will be using multiple technologies, and your responsibilities will also include:
- Developing core functionality to support the business modules, including modelling financial instruments business processes by using a collection of DSLs
- Working with product management to refine new features
- Maintaining the existing code base
- Be part of reviewing product code and formulate test scenarios
- Working as part of your agile team to reach the definition of done each sprint
- Constantly learning and developing yourself, the team and our product.
What we value:
- A solid understanding of one or more functional programming languages (OCaml, Standard ML, F#, Scala, Haskell) and experience of using them for large and complex solutions
- Good knowledge of OTC Instruments and experience with working in projects in this area
- C# skills, good insight to the .NET framework and object-oriented software design and programming is an advantage
- You are a team player who actively seeks collaboration to find optimal solutions
- You are interested and able to work with complex architecture, both front- and back-end
- You hold a M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance or a similar field
Furthermore, we value that you
- have motivation to work within the financial domain
- are willing to acquire other technical and programming skills
- have the desire to develop and maintain automated tests, underlying frameworks, and their integration into CI/CD pipelines
- have strong collaboration and communication skills and fluency in English (written and spoken)
- actively learn through experimentation when tackling the latest problems, using experiences from both successes and failures
- can introduce new ways of looking at problems and that you can take creative ideas and put them into practice
- think about the entire system and can identify and implement ways to continuously improve
Competitive salary, bonus scheme, and pension are essential for any work agreement. However, in SimCorp, we believe we can offer more. Therefore, in addition to the traditional benefit scheme, we provide an excellent work & life balance: flexible work hours, a hybrid workplace model. On top of that, we have IP sprints where you have 3 weeks per quarter you can spend on mastering your skills as well as contributing to the company development. There is never just only one route - we practice an individual approach to professional development to support the direction you want to take.
Please click below to apply.
Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your CV in English as soon as possible. If you are interested in being a part of SimCorp but are not sure this role is the right fit, submit your CV anyway. SimCorp is on an exciting growth journey, and our Talent Acquisition Team is ready to help you discover the right role for you. The approximate time to consider your CV is three weeks. We are eager to continually improve our talent acquisition process and make everyone’s experience positive and valuable. Therefore, during the process we will ask you to provide your feedback, which is highly appreciated.