For over 50 years, we have worked closely with investment and asset managers to become the world’s leading provider of integrated investment management solutions. We are 2,100+ colleagues with a broad range of nationalities, educations, professional experiences, ages, and backgrounds in general.
SimCorp is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culture where diverse perspectives and expertise are integrated in our everyday work. We believe in the continual growth and development of our employees, so that we can provide best-in-class solutions to our clients.
While striving to deliver client value, we believe it is vital to consider our people and our planet in every business decision we make. Acting responsibly is not optional. It is essential.
Service Delivery Principals are highly skilled senior professionals who form part of our Customer Care Services team working within Operational Services.
The main purpose of the role is to contribute to the successful support and maintenance of SimCorp Dimension clients in IT related areas and to delivery of IT related services.
Service Delivery Principals are trusted advisors to the clients who provide the clients with best practice market solutions related to the usage of SimCorp Dimension and beyond regarding technical requirements. They instructor coach less experienced professionals.
The role contributes to all IT related aspects of service delivery around SimCorp Dimension, including providing support for clients and deploying services. Service Delivery IT Principals play a key role in the local and global network of services teams within SimCorp.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform analyses fully independently, onsite at a local client, to resolve problems and issues which occur in the system operations of SimCorp Dimension and the underlying infrastructure at clients to provide convincing and timely solutions to our clients
- Support as specialist in the systems operations area, also solving demanding critical situations even ad-hoc, to secure client satisfaction
- Advise our clients fully independently on a broad range of matters regarding systems and operations in connection with SimCorp Dimension and give direction to ensure that the clients use SimCorp Dimension in an optimal, future-oriented way
- Deliver technical support and maintenance in relation to SimCorp Dimension single-handedly on a wide range of topics, tackle issues in new areas of expertise and carry out specialist assignments to secure client satisfaction
- Execute, create and enhance and develop or enhance technical operational services and assessments such as capacity review projects, information lifecycle management, technical configuration management and database management to optimize the Oracle database and technical environment of SimCorp Dimension at clients to prepare for business growth and ensure cost efficiency and system stability
- Identify needs for additional services and solutions which would improve the customer’s operations, recommend these internally and support the presales process to offer added value for the client
- Provide technical expertise fully independently to support client specific requirements such as backup strategy, clean-up and high availability to help ensure business continuity
- Plan and perform fully independently the technical installation and configuration of SimCorp Dimension and Oracle at new clients to provide smooth systems operations and client satisfaction
- Plan and perform release upgrades for SimCorp Dimension fully independently to make the full value of the latest version available to the client
- Co-operate closely with other technical experts within SimCorp on a local and global level, also by way of specialist roles (such as lead or membership in technical domain teams or local technical committees as well as local service ownership), and share knowledge to ensure efficient solutions for the clients
- Establish and maintain excellent customer relationships with IT staff at the clients and be regarded as a trusted advisor by the client to foster a mutually beneficial partnership long-term
- Act as a Thought Leader and guide clients to best practice use of SimCorp Dimension. Use technical expertise, business understanding and superior influencing skills to instruct the client towards their optimum solution
- Act as coach or mentor and review work of others. Influence others regarding general practices and procedures within own field
- Contribute to wider decision making including the development of practices, processes and procedures, and provide input to the strategic direction of the function
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or similar field
- Oracle Certified Associate or Professional with knowledge and experience in Administering Oracle on Linux and AIX server
- Strong knowledge and experience in script development, Java, PowerShell, Batch Script, SQL Loader
- Strong understanding and expertise in reporting tools such as Business Object & Crystal Report, and Oracle SQL/PLSQL
- Experience of managing or working with large software application in complex technology environments
- Broad knowledge and solid experience in technology operations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proactive nature and a natural drive for problem solving
- Enthusiastic, committed and result-oriented
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English (spoken and written)