Do you have what it takes to develop financial software using both object-oriented and functional programming languages? Then an interesting career could be awaiting you in SimCorp!
As our new Software Engineer, you will join SimCorp’s Product Division, a full-scale agile organization. Here, you become part of a cross functional and cross located agile team which is responsible for delivering functionality within a specific module of our product SimCorp Dimension. You apply your talents to all stages of the development lifecycle, including creation and review of user stories, development, design, testing, coding, code reviews, writing automated tests, and support. You will be using multiple technologies, and your responsibilities will also include:
- Working with product management to refine new features
- Developing core functionality to support the business modules
- Maintaining the existing code base
- Be part of reviewing product code and formulate test scenarios
- Working as part of your agile team to reach the definition of done each sprint
- Constantly learning and developing yourself, the team and our product
- Excellent C# skills, good insight to the .NET framework and object-oriented software design and programming
- A solid understanding of functional programming languages (OCaml, Standard ML, F#, Scala, Haskell, etc.)
- You are a team player who actively seeks collaboration to find optimal solutions
- You are interested and able to work with complex architecture, both front- and back-end
- You hold a M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a similar field
Furthermore, we value that you
- have motivation to work within the financial domain
- are willing to acquire other technical and programming skills, for instance APL
- have motivation to invest into automation tests, underlying frameworks and their integration into CI/CD pipelines
- have strong collaboration and communication skills and fluency in English (written and spoken)
- actively learn through experimentation when tackling latest problems, using experiences from both successes and failures,
- can introduce new ways of looking at problems and that you can take creative ideas and put them into practice
- think about the entire system and can identify and implement ways to continuously improve
Why join SimCorp?
At SimCorp you get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues in a global company counting more than 50 nationalities and offices in more than 20 countries. We provide complex IT solutions to the world’s leading investment management firms in a rapidly changing market. Acting in this niche brings lots of challenging and interesting opportunities. SimCorp is a leading provider of investment management solutions to the world’s largest asset managers, fund managers, asset servicers, pension and insurance funds, wealth managers, banks and sovereign wealth funds.
We celebrate multiple points of view and together we’re building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities. What better place to build a successful career?
For additional information about the position, please contact Recruitment Partner Mette Kvist at firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected candidates will as part of the recruitment process be asked to complete a coding task. Applications are continuously assessed, so please send your CV and motivational letter in English as soon as possible. We are looking forward to be hearing from you!