Do you have what it takes to develop financial software using both object-oriented and functional programming languages? Then an interesting career could be awaiting you in SimCorp!
As our new Software Engineer, you will join SimCorp’s Product Division, a full-scale agile organization. Here, you will become part of a cross functional and cross located agile team which is responsible for delivering functionality within a specific module of our product SimCorp Dimension. You will apply your talents to all stages of the development lifecycle, including creation and review of user stories, development, design, testing, coding, code reviews, writing automated tests, and support. You will be using multiple technologies, and your responsibilities will also include:
- Working with product management to refine new features
- Developing core functionality to support the business modules
- Maintaining the existing code base
- Be part of reviewing product code and formulate test scenarios
- Working as part of your agile team to reach the definition of done each sprint
- Constantly learning and developing yourself, the team and our product
- Excellent C# skills, good insight to the .NET framework and object-oriented software design and programming
- A solid understanding of functional programming languages (OCaml, Standard ML, F#, Scala, Haskell, etc.)
- You are a team player who actively seeks collaboration to find optimal solutions
- You are interested and able to work with complex architecture, both front- and back-end
Furthermore, we value that you
- have motivation to work within the financial domain
- are willing to acquire other technical and programming skills, for instance APL
- have the desire to develop and maintain automated tests, underlying frameworks, and their integration into CI/CD pipelines
- have strong collaboration and communication skills and fluency in English (written and spoken)
- actively learn through experimentation when tackling the latest problems, using experiences from both successes and failures
- can introduce new ways of looking at problems and that you can take creative ideas and put them into practice
- think about the entire system and can identify and implement ways to continuously improve
This year, we are celebrating the 50th birthday of SimCorp, and we are proud to be producing high quality software solutions for 50 years! Come and join us, to experience a global market leader company that values its people and delights its customers. We celebrate multiple points of view and together we’re building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities.
If you would like to know more about the job, please apply. Include CV and motivational letter. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.
To make sure you receive our emails please check your junk/spam folder and add SimCorp to the safe list of your e-mail contacts.
Please note that only application sent through our system will be processed.