Do you have financial knowledge and interest in software development?
In SimCorp we are continuously looking for candidates with established financial knowledge and an interest in how software is being created. So, would you like to work with a highly complex financial software solution in an agile culture? Then we would like to hear from you!
Our Product Development is a full-scale agile organization. The development teams consist of people with a wide variety of skills and competences from financial domain knowledge to software developing and all the skills you need in between. The position is within the Accounting and Operations area, who is responsible for the core accounting area of our software solution SimCorp Dimension®. The area consists of 16 scrum teams across 4 locations with a focus on being in the forefront of agile ways of working, empowering of teams and involving everybody in the development of both the solution and the area. Since our scrum teams are responsible for delivering functionalities within the accounting area of the SimCorp Dimension software, we trust you to:
- Work with product management to refine new features
- Implement business solutions for major global financial institutions
- Work as part of your scrum team to reach the definition of done within each sprint
- Creating, automating, and maintaining business test scenarios (using various tools, for example SpecFlow)
- Constantly learn and improve yourself, the team and our product incl. experimenting with modern engineering practices such as test-driven development, SpecFlow and Mob programming
- Be part of the 3-Tier cloud lift and shift of SimCorp Dimension® over the next years
We know that the last two bullets can sound like out of your comfort zone, and we don’t expect you to be a full-blown software developer. But we expect you have tried some software development and have a keen interest in learning more.
You’re excited about developing software solutions to clients – and yourself
You are curious and ready to make the most of working for a global software solutions provider where we are as serious about developing your skills as you are. Encouraged by your development manager, you are eager to constantly learn, from specific business domain expertise to new trends and technologies.
For you to thrive and do well in this role, you preferably possess the following professional skills:
- An educational background with a master's degree/Ph.D. in finance, economics, mathematics or documented similar achievements
- Ability to work with a complex domain within the accounting of financial trades Practical experience within financial accounting and financial instruments would be an advantage
- A good sense of quality, ability to meet deadlines, attention to details, and taking ownership of delivering a sound solution
- Curiosity, ability, and willingness to apply broad knowledge in different areas and constantly learn new things, such as specific business domain knowledge or new programming languages
- Good collaboration and communication skills and fluency in English (spoken and written)
Practical experience within programming would be beneficial, but not a prerequisite for the job. It is more important that you take an interest in learning this field. We will bring you up to speed using technical and domain discussions, training, and a comprehensive onboarding program.
We treasure Technology
At SimCorp you get to work with skilled and supportive colleagues in a global company counting more than 50 nationalities and offices in more than 25 countries. As new employee, you will be enrolled in our comprehensive introduction program and attend the 'SimCorp Academy', an introduction to SimCorp Dimension. We wish to make you feel at your best during working hours, hence you will join your highly skilled colleagues in our exceptional canteen offers, various professional events and every now and then, we attend presentations from colleagues or external experts on everything fintech related. It is all about getting challenged, innovative and inspired. Last year, we celebrated the 50th birthday of SimCorp, and we are proud to be producing high quality software solutions for 50 years! Come and join us, to experience a global market leader company that values its people and delights its customers. We celebrate multiple points of view and together we’re building a culture where difference is valued. You will be part of a success story and a company that continues to grow, offering a lot of challenging and interesting opportunities.
To secure a fair process for all candidates we only consider applications sent via our HR system. Pl ease submit your CV and motivational letter in English as soon as possible. Applications are reviewed at ongoing basis. For further information about the role or application process, please contact Recruitment Partner Nikola Borovnjak, firstname.lastname@example.org.