Are you up for a great challenge? Are you a software developer by heart? Then come and join Investments and Accounting product area of the Accounting and Operations offer-line to help more than 50 colleagues in enhancing and supporting core Back office areas of our product, SimCorp Dimension. As a trusted strategic partner for many of the world’s leading Investment Managers, SimCorp are constantly implementing functionality to support regulatory requirements such as US-GAAP, IFRS, and other regional GAAP and tax regimes.
Accounting and Operations offer line is a part of Product division, which is a full-scale agile organization following enhanced SAFe. You will be a member of a self-organized team consisting of developers, testers and business experts in Kyiv, Ukraine. The team is responsible for delivering functionality within the Investments and Accounting product area. The respective code is based mainly on APL. You will be involved in all stages of the development process following SCRUM framework, including:
- Developing core functionality to enhance the Investments & Accounting modules
- Maintaining the existing code base and supporting released versions
- Working with team to reach the Definition of Done for pulled user stories
- Constantly learn and improve yourself, the team and our product
Our technology stack:
- Functional programming language APL (https://www.dyalog.com/)
- C# for desktop applications
- Relational DB experience, SQL
You will get a diverse working day, participating in all stages of the development lifecycle, including grooming of user stories, sketching technical solutions, coding, doing code reviews, writing unit tests and supporting our clients. Hence you will interact with testers, system architect, product owners and other teams to ensure the delivery of solid solutions. You also expect to collaborate with colleagues from Copenhagen (Denmark), Bad Homburg (Germany) and Milan (Italy) through communities of practice.
- Couple of years of practical programming experience
- An educational background as a data scientist or a master's degree/Ph.D. in computer sciences, engineering, physics, mathematics, finance
- Programming experience in some modern programming language (C# would be a plus)
- Understanding of software development principles such as: SOLID, DRY, YAGNI
- Experience with building C# desktop and/or web backend applications would be a plus
- Experience in financial domain would be a plus
- Practical knowledge of Unit test, code coverage and Test-Driven Development for delivering high quality software
- Curiosity, ability and willingness to apply broad knowledge in different areas and constantly learn new things, such as specific business domain knowledge or new programming language
You see yourself as a person with:
- A strong sense of quality, ability to work to deadlines, attention to detail, and taking ownership of delivering a sound solution
- Highly developed collaboration skills, valuing team goals over personal achievements
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English (spoken and written)
Why join SimCorp?
At SimCorp we sincerely believe our employees are our greatest asset – and we treat them accordingly. As a SimCorp'er you can work with highly-skilled and supportive colleagues from more than 52 nationalities across 20+ international offices. You will experience an organization that welcomes people of all views and backgrounds, and provides countless ways to grow and develop. You will share our pursuit for innovation and knowledge, and your contributions will help shape the future of financial technology. What better place to build a rewarding career?
Please include CV and motivational letter. Incoming applications will be processed on an ongoing basis.
To make sure you receive our emails please check your junk/spam folder and add SimCorp to the safe list of your e-mail contacts.
Please note that only application sent through our system will be processed.