For over 50 years, we have worked closely with investment and asset managers to become the world’s leading provider of integrated investment management solutions. We are 2,100+ colleagues with a broad range of nationalities, educations, professional experiences, ages, and backgrounds in general.
SimCorp is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culture where diverse perspectives and expertise are integrated in our everyday work. We believe in the continual growth and development of our employees, so that we can provide best-in-class solutions to our clients.
Why this role is important to us
High-quality, performing, secure, and cost-effective software is at the core of what we do. To build and maintain this software, software engineers are essential to us.
You will be working in self-organized scrum team. The team improves and supports set of modules within the Trade processing and Settlement as well as Corporate Actions and Reconciliations in our SimCorp Dimension product.
The present and near future main topics are good maintainability, high system performance, continuous integration, and delivery, and moving into our unified platform for cloud.
What you will be responsible for
In your daily work, you will collaborate with your team to:
- Design, develop and test new features as well as support the existing product
- Communicate and collaborate with Product Owners, Technical Leads during feature analysis, refinement, development and implementation
- Support of the product
- Initiate technical and process enhancements in the team
- Be proactive to improve automation, tools, frameworks, etc.
- Work as a fullstack developer, both front-end and back-end.
What we value
Most importantly, you can see yourself contributing and thriving in the position described above. How you gained the skills needed for doing that is less important. We expect you to be good at several of the following and be able to - and interested in - learning the rest:
- Good knowledge and experience (2+years) in C# or other object-oriented language
- Curiosity and readiness to learn functional programming language APL, in-house tools, and frameworks
- Knowledge and experience in designing and implementation of unit tests
- Understanding and adherence to XP practices (TDD, pair-programming etc.)
- Practical experience of development based on relational DB (SQL)
- Understanding of CI/CD processes and tools (git, TeamCity, etc.)
- Readiness to support existing system (legacy)
- Good English communication skills (upper intermediate and higher), written as well as spoken, as English is our corporate language
- Ability and willingness to apply broad knowledge in different areas and constantly learn new things, such as specific business domain knowledge or new technologies
- (Preferably) Knowledge and experience in financial domain, fintech (Trade processing, Settlement, Corporate Actions and Reconciliations)
- (Preferably) Experience as a member of Scrum team
Competitive salary, bonus scheme, and pension are essential for any work agreement. However, in SimCorp, we believe we can offer more. Therefore, in addition to the traditional benefit scheme, we provide an excellent work & life balance: flexible work hours, a hybrid workplace model. On top of that, we have IP sprints where you have 3 weeks per quarter you can spend on mastering your skills as well as contributing to the company development. There is never just only one route - we practice an individual approach to professional development to support the direction you want to take.