Do you have what it takes to develop financial software using behaviour-driven and test-driven approaches? Then an interesting career could be awaiting you in SimCorp!
As our new Software Engineer, you will join SimCorp’s Product Division, a full-scale agile organization. Here, you will become part of a cross functional and cross located scrum team which is responsible for delivering functionality within Transactions Product Area.
You will apply your talents to all stages of the development lifecycle, including creation and review of user stories, development, design, testing, coding, code reviews, writing automated tests, and support. You will be using multiple technologies.
Your responsibilities will include - together with your team:
- Understanding and challenging client requirements, discussing solutions, implementing, and testing the chosen solution, and supporting it.
- Taking part in continuous improvements on area, team, and individual level. Your daily work life will thus also include topics such as “how can we reduce our build time,” “how can this component perform significantly faster,” and “how can we work together in a more fun and effective way.”
- Securing the team’s deliveries as well as quality and product.
- Become a recognized product expert in at least one area of our product and have the curiosity to develop knowledge in more.
What we value
- Solving business and technical challenges by building high-quality solution
- A work environment with caring, trust, and collaboration
- Enthusiasm to learn and grow fast
What you will bring
Most importantly, you can see yourself contributing and thriving in the position described above. How you gained the skills needed for doing that is less important. We expect you to be good at several of the following and be able to learn the rest.
- Knowledge within finance and financial securities
- Continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD)
- Good English skills as it is our corporate language and is used in all communications
- Understanding of development lifecycle, bug reporting
- Understanding and adherence to XP practices (e.g., TDD, BDD)
- Experience in test automation (SpecFlow would be an advantage)
- Knowledge or readiness to learn of how to design and implement all-level tests (E2E, API, UT)
- Ability and willingness to apply broad knowledge in different areas and constantly learn new things, such as specific business domain knowledge or modern technologies
Why this role is important to us
In SimCorp, we help some of the biggest financial institutions in the world be successful by simplifying their accounting, operations, and investments. We do this through IT systems, processes, and financial knowledge. High quality, performing, secure, and cost-effective software is at the core of what we do. To build and maintain this software, software engineers are essential to us.
You will be working in an agile team of about 5-7 people. The team improves and supports the Financial Instrument Transactions in our SimCorp Dimension product. We use a variety of technologies, but the main ones are C#, APL and an Oracle database. You will be working with backend and APIs. The present and near future main topics are good maintainability, high system performance, continuous integration and delivery, and moving unto our unified platform for cloud.
An attractive salary, bonus scheme, and pension are essential for any work agreement. However, with SimCorp, we believe we can offer more. Therefore, in addition to the traditional benefit scheme, we provide a great work & life balance and opportunities for professional development: there is never just only one route - we offer an individual approach to professional development to support the direction you want to take.
Applying for a job at SimCorp can involve several stages. Whenever possible, we’ll try to shorten our standard process outlined below. However, depending on the specific requirements of the hiring team, an additional step or meeting may be required – we’ll keep you informed at every stage.
1. Initial call with Talent Acquisition Partner
2. Meeting with the Team Manager in-depth conversation about the role and your previous experience
3. Technical meeting with Team members
4. Feedback and final offer
Who we are
For over 50 years, we have worked closely with investment managers to become the world’s leading provider of integrated investment management solutions. We are 2,100+ colleagues with a broad range of nationalities, educations, professional experiences, ages, and backgrounds in general.
SimCorp is an equal opportunity employer. We are enthusiastic about building and supporting a culture where diverse perspectives and expertise are imperative to our everyday work. We believe in the continual growth and development of our employees, so that we can provide best-in-class solutions to our clients.
While striving to deliver client value, we believe it is vital to consider our people and our planet in every business decision we make. Acting responsibly is not optional. It is essential.