Executive Vice President, SimCorp Professional Services
Read the article and learn about:
- Standardized solutions
- Technology and service enablement across the entire investment management lifecycle
- Short-term and long-term benefits
To help buy-side firms adapt to a constantly evolving business environment where new challenges arise with short notice, we’ve developed SimCorp Standard Platforms™. These standardized and easily implemented solutions offer technology and service enablement across firms’ covering the full investment value chain. The objective is to optimize our clients’ operations and maximize their return on investment during the entire lifecycle of their solution.1
The benefits of standardized solutions are short-term as well as long-term. In the short term, standardized solutions enable us to significantly speed up the client’s time to benefit by efficiently identifying all potential benefits and addressing all potential concerns related to the solution delivery. Standardized components, processes, and methodologies ensure that firms get up and running on the solution faster and significantly reduce key uncertainties related to the cost, time, risk, and scoping of the solution.
In the long term, we ensure post-implementation business value by preventing the hassle and inefficiencies of legacy configuration, enabling fast onboarding of new investment mandates and helping investment firms to absorb changes with a predictable cost of ownership.
SimCorp Standard Platforms – a new paradigm
SimCorp Standard Platforms offer our software solution, SimCorp Dimension®, in combination with standard workflows, standard components, standard technical design, and standard documentation, while still offering custom solutions where required. The building blocks can be divided into three key elements:
- A target operating model, based on predefined standard business workflows as a recommended baseline for the system deployment, providing high business value in our clients’ daily operations from start to end.
- SimCorp Standard Platforms based on global best practices delivered centrally and ensuring a fast delivery so that clients can trial it already on a short timeframe.
- Finally, there will still be an opportunity for clients to add customization on top for specific areas where it creates high business value.
High-level benefits of standard platforms
Solutions based on SimCorp Standard Platforms allow investment management firms to focus on optimizing their operating model in order to support their long-term value drivers. This is made possible through prioritization and getting the best of two worlds; customizing where it creates high business value and using standards where there is little value from being unique.