By reducing the amount of systems, Storebrand reduced their cost of maintaining integrations and could focus on building their expertise around SimCorp Dimension. Storebrand has already seen annual savings of EUR 1 million from decommissioned systems. At the same time their employee per AUM ratio has increased and their cost base has been reduced. This dedicated strategy towards system consolidation won Storebrand Asset Management the annual SimCorp Award at our International User Community Meeting (IUCM) in Milan in 2018, See the press release.
The adoption of SimCorp’s fund solution delivered several key benefits across the Storebrand Asset Management:
- Increased Straight Through Processing (STP) for all funds, resulting in automated pricing process and increased data accuracy
- Significant reduction in time spent on error management
- Faster time to market, with the ability to deliver new share classes live in less than 24 hours
- Simplified global expansion, with scalable setup and provision of multiple currencies to serve global client base
- Standardized infrastructure minimizes operational maintenance and dependency on key staff
- 58% reduction in post trade compliance breaks
In a relatively short period of time, SimCorp has helped to completely transform our front office and fund platforms, successfully replacing our legacy systems with a far superior and automated platform, across front to back.Erik Kaland, COO of Storebrand Asset Management
Name: Storebrand Asset Management
Industry: Asset Management
AUM: EUR 75 billion
Storebrand Asset Management is the largest private asset manager in Norway with EUR 75 billion under management. Through the Storebrand and Delphi Funds in Norway and SPP Funds in Sweden they have established a strong position in the Nordic fund market. We provide a wide selection of strategies. Within alternative investments Storebrand Asset Management focuses predominately on real estate and private equity solutions.