The purpose of the Certified Data Warehouse Specialist course is to introduce you to the basic functionality of the SimCorp Investment Management Warehouse and the SimCorp Data Warehouse Manager. Ralph Kimball’s philosophy regarding best practice in data warehouses is the starting point of the course. You then learn about the different features in Data Warehouse Manager and you are introduced to the different subject areas in SimCorp’s standard data model.
The course alternates between instructor-led presentations and hands-on exercises.
The course includes an optional one-hour certification test. Upon passing the test, you will receive a Certified Data Warehouse Specialist diploma.
Main Learning Topics:
- Introduction to Kimball-style data warehouses
- Data Model Designer
- Bus matrix, facts and dimensions, and star schemas
- Data warehouse methodology
- Extractions, transformations and loads (ETL process)
- Load plans
- Load monitor
- Data Warehouse configuration and operations (Toolbox)
- Investment Management Warehouse - solution architecture
- Source applications
- Customization of standard data models
- Reporting and data marts
- Data Warehouse dashboard
SimCorp Dimension Academy (three weeks) OR SimCorp Dimension Technical User course (four days) AND intermediate knowledge about SQL. It is important that you already have experience with export or transport of data from software. Furthermore, it is an advantage that you have knowledge about Ralph Kimball’s design philosophy about data warehouses.
- Data Warehouse teams or members of Data Warehouse projects
- Data Modellers
- Database Administrators
Days: 4 days
Daily training hours: 9:00-17:00
How to register for this course
Click your preferred date below and register by filling out the form.
If no date is found for your preferred course please contact email@example.com to request the course.