The purpose of the Certified Data Warehouse course is to introduce you to the basic functionality of the SimCorp Investment Management Warehouse and the SimCorp Data Warehouse Manager. Ralph Kimball’s philosophy regarding best practice in data warehouses is the starting point of the course. You will learn about the different features in Data Warehouse Manager and you are introduced to the different subject areas in SimCorp’s standard data model.
The course alternates between instructor-led presentations and hands-on exercises.
An optional certification test is included and a course certificate will be issued upon passing the test.
Main Learning Topics:
- Introduction to Kimball-style data warehouses
- Data Model Designer
- Bus matrix, facts and dimensions, and star schemas
- Data Warehouse methodology
- Extractions, transformations and loads (ETL process)
- Load plans
- Load monitor
- Data Warehouse configuration and operations (Toolbox)
- SimCorp IMW library (IMW = Investment Management Warehouse)
- Source applications
- Customization of standard tables from the SimCorp IMW library
- Base marts and User marts
- Data Warehouse dashboard
We recommend that you have attended either the SimCorp Dimension Academy OR SimCorp Dimension Technical Foundation course AND have intermediate knowledge about SQL. It is important that you already have experience with export or transport of data from software. Furthermore, it is an advantage that you have knowledge about Ralph Kimball’s design philosophy about data warehouses.
- Data Warehouse teams or members of Data Warehouse projects
- Data Modellers
- Database Administrators
- Reporting Specialists
- Business Analysts with responsibility for data quality
Days: 5 days (5th day about SimCorp BI is optional and price is reduced if only 4 days are chosen)
Daily training hours: 9:00-17:00 (day 1 starts at 10:30)
How to register for this course
Click your preferred date below and register by filling out the form.
If no date is found for your preferred course please contact [email protected] to request the course.