Creating a workplace that offers meaning and growth opportunities
Our strongly committed staff remains our foundation and the key to our success. We commit to fostering an attractive workplace where our employees find meaning in their work and are able to grow.
An ‘Employer Value Proposition’ program is in place to increase the awareness of what SimCorp has to offer new employees. We are looking for curious people who want to learn and grow. For many potential new employees, the possibility of joining other curious people in a learning organization is a deciding factor. We give learning high priority, and our development and performance framework focuses specifically on how each individual can build capabilities and succeed in SimCorp as the company grows and evolves.
Employee well-being and engagement
Employee well-being and engagement are key elements in our people strategy. In 2022, we strengthened our focus on physical, mental, and social well-being by creating a global network of well-being ambassadors. Also, we will host three well-being light-house events annually to promote both physical and mental well-being.
We use our engagement surveys to continue to explore how we can enable positive experiences across the employee lifecycle. In 2022, we introduced regular pulse surveys to collect real-time feedback from all employees across key areas. Frequent pulse surveys enable us to understand and – if necessary – immediately act on how we are doing as an employer.
SimCorp’s ESG Fund for Employees
The SimCorp ESG Fund supports employees who take an active part in sustainability-related activities that make a positive impact in their local communities. With a current budget of EUR 25,000 per year, all SimCorp employees globally can apply for support for projects which they actively engage in.
Image caption: Marta Wróbel, Anette Bank, and Roland August joined their SimCorp team in helping build a playground in a local daycare facility in Warsaw.
In 2022, the SimCorp ESG Fund gave donations for:
- “Rodovid school library for Ukrainian children in Denmark”, an initiative to help give Ukrainian children access to books in their native language.
- “Walk for the Children´s Helpline”, an initiative raising funds for the Children´s Helpline in Denmark, which provides vulnerable children with the opportunity to speak with an advisor.
- “Give Hope to Leyte”, a project supporting the families affected by the Tropical Storm Agaton in the Philippines by providing relief goods, school supplies, toys, and food.
- “Shelter Under the Wings”, a day care facility in Warsaw for adults with mental health conditions, which was refurbished by SimCorp volunteers.
- “Happy Sunshine School refreshment”, an initiative that helps provide teaching materials and refurbish classrooms to support Cambodian children. “
- Building Block Baby Bank Project and The Coffee Morning Luncheon Club”, charity activities in London by the Church of God (Seventh Day).
- “Smart Family – School of Foreign Languages” funding of classroom and teaching materials improvements in a children’s school in Kyiv.
code.org – a way of giving back
code.org is a nonprofit organization dedicated to expanding access to computer science in schools and increasing participation by young women and students from other under-represented groups. In 2022, SimCorp has donated EUR 27,000 to code.org through our referral program across the global SimCorp organization. By supporting code.org, we give something back to the talent pool that we are hiring from.